• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

my quitet rabbit

Lissy9Oreo

New Kit
I recently had 2 rabbits but 1 has died. When 1 of my rabbits died my other rabbit became very quite and not really hiself. Have any ideas to why that could be??????????:?:?:?:?

Please reply

Hi Lissy, in my experience there could be a couple of reasons why Oreo is quiet.

Firstly he is still very young are still settling in his new home, and then secondly rabbits can and do grieve for the loss of a fellow bunny friend.

Make sure that Oreo is eating, drinking, weeing and pooing normally those things are most important. Give him time to settle down and let him learn to trust you and don't forget if you need me personally I'm not far away. x

Try sitting with him and letting him come to you on his own accord. Everything must be done on his terms. Patience by us humans does usually pay off. Just give him time.

If in any doubt about his health, a checkup at the vets would be best.

Last edited:
Don't forget Lissy, Oreo must have access to lots of fresh hay daily. It is really, really good for his general health, digestion and keeping his teeth in tip top condition.. Did you know a rabbit's teeth can grow about the same length of a pen in a year!!!!! They continue to grow so hopefully by eating hay and loads of it daily, Oreo's teeth should stay in good condition.

Back