• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Has anyone built a second floor...

I've got that playhouse and I've added an extra level on one half at the side (so they can look out of the window). The ramp does take up a bit of space, although they can hop up without the ramp. I use one of these:

http://www.thehayexperts.co.uk/grassy-nest.html

as their hay holder (although it gets destroyed too :lol:) and I wedge that under the ramp so they don't really lose any space.

I've got some photos on Facebook - I'll see if I can dig them out :)

Oh that is so lovely. How did you screw the batons on to the wall (to hold the shelf up) without the screws going through the wall of the shed? I want to put a shelf up in our shed but don't want to let water in via screw holes... Great colours too.

I think we used the metal shelf brackets you can get, and screwed them into the vertical wooden supports of the frame of the playhouse (if that makes sense). They were quite big brackets so I think there's just 4 or 5 of them, then the shelf was just screwed onto the top of them.

I had same playhouse :D

I put in a shelf, built adjustable levels & hidey holes

And with shelf removed....

Then linked with pipe & tunnels from runaround into a binky box & on to an 8x6x2.5ft run which they had 24 hour access to....

This was their temporary home for 8 months

That's nifty! How did you attach the run to it? Mine's not got an attached run yet (hopefully finishing the patio this weekend if it's nice). I'm just going to have a run attached straight onto the side, but I"m not sure how to cut the hole into the side?

That's nifty! How did you attach the run to it? Mine's not got an attached run yet (hopefully finishing the patio this weekend if it's nice). I'm just going to have a run attached straight onto the side, but I"m not sure how to cut the hole into the side?

With the runaround system you can mix & match to suit your needs.

Joining to the playhouse is easy as you get a template for the size hole you need when you purchase the link. The linking part attaches to the inside & outside of the wall & bolts through. It also has a clear disc that you can pop in to stop access to the tunnel.
To get the hole I drilled 4 holes within the circle template & then used a hole saw to cut it out & finished it smooth with a sander :D

Back