• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is the best type of bedding for a indoor bun?

traceyxxx

Young Bun
My bun is inside and he is currently using saw dust for a bedding, im thinking of changing this because I read it isn't safe as it could be for them, what do you use?

Hi, I've always used paper and then a thick layer of hay in their litter trays and for bedding I use old towels, fleeces, vet bed etc. Much can depend on what you bunny prefers to sleep on.

I've never used sawdust though as I've heard it can cause respiratory problems, plus it goes all over the place.

Hope this is of use.:thumb:

We don't really have a base for our buns because they free range everywhere, and when we go to bed they come into the bedroom with us too.
You could put down fleeces, we have blankets for them which they like and they all have a big cushiony bed for them to sleep on in the living room. :thumb:

Mine has a soft basket to sleep in. :) He had the choice of a carrier filled with hay but he just used to pee in it and sleep on the carpet.

My indoor bunnies sleep on the carpet. They use their litter trays (newspaper and hay) to eat and wee. The outdoor girls sleep on carpet or inside their little play tent and use their litter trays for weeing. All of mine have cardboard underneath their carpets and although they like to dig it and rip it they prefer carpet to lie on.

My house buns have the choice of an open carrier with hay, or a hidey with vet bed in . They spend most of their time just sleeping on the carpet, but they seem to prefer the vet bed to the hay filled carrier.

Hi, I've always used paper and then a thick layer of hay in their litter trays and for bedding I use old towels, fleeces, vet bed etc. Much can depend on what you bunny prefers to sleep on.

I've never used sawdust though as I've heard it can cause respiratory problems, plus it goes all over the place.

Hope this is of use.:thumb:

I'm exactly the same. They have a dog crate for a base, and I put down carpet tiles, then a towel, then those cheap Poundland fleeces and a Vetbed for Jessie as she's got a habit of sitting in her wee.

Back