• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbits require rights Petition - please sign!

vee-jay

Mama Doe
Hey guys, I have seen a few petitions going around on here and its so great how many people they reach when posted so I thought I would ask if you wouldnt mind signing this one as well :)

"Some good news for Rabbits Require Rights (Scotland)
We'll be attending what we hope to be the 1st of many meetings at the Scottish Parliament's Cross Party Group on the Animal Welfare Committee Monday 21st May.

But as always we need YOUR help!!!!

PLEASE sign & share this important petition EVERYWHERE for our domestic pet rabbits - It is a hidden neglect; The situation is becoming increasingly critical. Rabbits suffer in silence as they aren't able to attract attention in the same way cats or dogs do. They are a widely misunderstood animal so suffer greatly at the hands of un-knowledgeable owners, mainly due to our pet shops selling poor housing, dietary products & giving poor care advice at point of sale etc....

There are a few petitions for our Buns going around at the moment, each one worthy of your consideration & signature .. Scotland have their own laws & ways of dealing with various policies. It is IMPORTANT we get as much support as possible. Rabbit legislation was considered here in Scotland in 2010 but sidelined due to lack of support so it's down to us to get it back on track!

You wouldn't let a cat or dog suffer the way our pet rabbits do so why overlook this important animal welfare issue? The rabbit perception has just got to change for the benefit of our Buns! ♥

http://www.change.org/petitions/sco...nt-pet-rabbit-specific-welfare-laws-in-the-uk

"

Back