• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Preventing Stress in Rabbits

Snow-White

Mama Doe
So many rabbit illness's can be bought on by stress, how do you keep a rabbit calm?

Our Poppet had E.C as a youngster and Now pasturella both of which ar triggered by stress,
but poppet is a real stresser she spends 90% of her time with her tail in the air chasing nipping and being grumpy with me the other 10% she is eating or sleeping:roll:
I want to keep her calm i've tried trust training but shes never really liked me and i accepted that a long time ago:lol:

What else can i try to keep her calm

Last edited:

Oh now thats deffinately worth a try!, she is so stroppy i dont think i know of anyone having a rabbit who hates them like my poppy hates me. She lunges at me growls at me and generally dislikes me. But my OH and MIL she runs too for cuddles.:?

What a silly Poppet:roll: If it's any consolation my Harley doesn't like me much - comes for food but otherwise avoids me - if I do manage to stroke her, she gives me such a look of disdain.:( - thank goodness the bunnies seem to love me otherwise I would seriously think I was an awful bunny mummy. Just like people I guess - sometimes you just cannot help really disliking someone no matter how nice they are :roll:

What a silly Poppet:roll: If it's any consolation my Harley doesn't like me much - comes for food but otherwise avoids me - if I do manage to stroke her, she gives me such a look of disdain.:( - thank goodness the bunnies seem to love me otherwise I would seriously think I was an awful bunny mummy. Just like people I guess - sometimes you just cannot help really disliking someone no matter how nice they are :roll:

:lol: And people call me crazy when i mention 'the look' she gives me. I knew RUers would know the look haha!
With Pop its since she was little ive had to medicate her then she had Brian who she doted on and she was wonderful but when he died she was like superglue to my OH now she would rather chewy my jugular out than have a fenugreek crunchy..

Thankfully the other 4 rabbits i have realise i am bunny god with lots of yummys:lol::roll:

Back