• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ruby's spay

Alvins mummy

Mama Doe
Ruby is due her spay. It wasn't done at the rescue as they felt she was still too small and her brothers were late developers.

I feel she is now big enough but I'm moving house in 3 weeks should I do it now or wait until we move and settled in ie delay 6/7 weeks? There's no change in her behaviour but that could kick in at any time :?

Opinions.....

I'd do it now, Lola took about 5 days to recover and Poppy only took a week and a half, which I thought was good since she opened her wound! :roll: :lol:

Well, I use Donview vets who are in Inverurie and Kintore, I think so highly if them that I work for them. :) I certainly would be hard pressed to go anywhere else.

I'd probs get her done asap to be honest.
Then you don't have to worry about the possibility of her becoming a wee minx and then having to seperate them.

She'll be fine, but I understand how worrying it is, I was beside myself when I got Angel and willow done. (and the boys :lol: )xxxxx

I would definitely get it over and done with, as she will feel more settled where she already knows. Try not to worry, I felt really mean because I wasn't worried at all. My vet only sees rabbits and operates on numerous a day, and Pippa needed time to get bigger because of having been nearly starved to death, but her and Dipsy still bonded themselves and he is neutered anyway. My vet told me it would be best for Dipsy to go in with her, and because Pip is blind, he arranged for one of the nurses to hold Dipsy by her until she was asleep, and then when she woke up, they had Dipsy back in place, and I can honestly say she made a brilliant recovery, no problems whatsoever, eating herby stuff the same day and then her usual stuff the next day. I was asked to take in a newborn t-shirt for her, because apparently the does are much more likely to interfere with the sutures, and so she had this put on and it vet wrapped around her tummy. She had a check up 5 days later, absolutely fine and t-shirt taken off then, and nothing negative to report whatsoever. Good Luck.

Back