• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

April rehoming figures for Barc...and a thank you

bunnymadhouse

Wise Old Thumper
In April 2013 Barc (Barnsley animal rescue charity ) rehomed 14 rabbits .:D

sadly we turned away almost 40 rabbits . :(

We would like to thank everyone who has chosen to adopt instead of buy ...
even if from a rescue other than ours ...
for every rescue rabbit that finds a home 2 bunnies are saved ..the one that has found a home ..and the one that takes its rescue space .

Please support rescues by adopting where possible instead of buying .
Please support rescues by spreading the rescue message.
Please help us raise much needed funds .

and now to May ................:thumb:

Well done! xx I have oodles of respect for rescues, I don't think I could do it without taking in too many animals!

I must say, adopting rabbits is very rewarding, Ellie will be the first of many for us I hope! :love: And it's only been a day :lol: When we move out I want to adopt older bunnies, or black ones, or agouti coloured, ones that find it harder to find homes.

Well done! xx I have oodles of respect for rescues, I don't think I could do it without taking in too many animals!

I must say, adopting rabbits is very rewarding, Ellie will be the first of many for us I hope! :love: And it's only been a day :lol: When we move out I want to adopt older bunnies, or black ones, or agouti coloured, ones that find it harder to find homes.

:thumb: :)

Hopefully getting my BARC boy Herbie his new friend from the local rescue today :)

And she is a plain run of the mill agouti :):) Just how I love em'

Well done :thumb:

I hope may is even more successful, with lots more bunnies finding their forever homes :)

I will always rescue buns (and other animals) It feels great to take a bunny that needs a home and know you're freeing up space for a bunny needing to go into rescue.

Here's to a successful May (and rest of the year!) for all the rescues.

Well done to all the rescue workers. :thumb:

Well done :thumb:

I hope may is even more successful, with lots more bunnies finding their forever homes :)

I will always rescue buns (and other animals) It feels great to take a bunny that needs a home and know you're freeing up space for a bunny needing to go into rescue.

:thumb:

Well done, it must be so hard when so many ignore the plight of rescues
My little Scrappy Doo must be in the April figures... He is wonderful... :love:
I personally cant see peoples attraction to breeders when there are so many beautiful bunnies in rescue .

20130421_184651_zps7d1a4798.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
Tessie and Daisy - my little sweeties :love::love:

Well done. I love my barc bunnies. Rescues do a great job. My first two (as an adult) were pet shop wabbits but the other four are all rescues... Rescues are a bargain, all vaccinated neutered and you know what you are getting. Rescues every time from now on. :love:

Last edited:
Back