• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For the birds...

aatkin

Warren Scout
I just thought I'd share this, as I thought of it again after grooming Peabody last night.

What do you do with all the rabbit fluff (or cat fluff or dog fluff) you acquire after grooming or cleaning?

I put mine outside in the garden for the birds. They LOVE the stuff. It's especially great at this time of year for their nests. You'd like to think they'd mind the smell of the animal it's come from, but they're really not bothered. As long as the fluff isn't still attached to your pet, they'll have it off you.

I stick mine in the fat block cage (as we don't put out fat blocks in the summer, only the winter). But you can stuff it in a wisk and then stick that in your garden, wedge it between some cracks, really anywhere the birds go and they'll find it and take it!

I love to picture a bunch of baby birds all snuggled up happy in a nest lined with Peabody fluff. It'd be so comfortable!

You just reminded me that I saved a carrier bag full :oops: of Frankies from her phantom pregnancy nest making and forgot to put some out. I like the idea of birds snuggling in her fur to. It's so soft!

I leave the fur out for the birds too. Recently on of my foster buns had a phantom and the fur she plucked out to make a nest was so beautiful I couldn't throw it away. Lets hope some baby birds are snuggled in it.

Back