• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

deleted

I think if it's right for the bunnies then a rescue would help with that. Lots of luck x

Eta, I just realised you were thinking if rehoming due to your health and finding the bunnies too much. Would this still be an issue with Bluebell and a different partner though?

Last edited:
I think if it's right for the bunnies then a rescue would help with that. Lots of luck x

Eta, I just realised you were thinking if rehoming due to your health and finding the bunnies too much. Would this still be an issue with Bluebell and a different partner though?

That was my first thought, too.

I'm sorry but I don't think a pair would be any easier to look after than a trio. My pair have just become a trio and there is absolutely no difference in terms of care. I don't really notice he's there in that respect. I know this isn't what you want to hear and I'm so sorry for your situation but realistically I don't think it will make a difference xx

yes it was to do with my health, however mum says she is willing to help out when needed and as long as i know i have that back up support i feel i could not give them all up as i love them too much....perhaps im being selfish...

i have been talking with them(mum and dad) about how i can balance out my energy more and i feel that now i know they believe i can do it and are willing to help i have what it takes to care for them.

whatever happens bluebell needs separating as she isnt happy.

am i being selfish? should i just rehome them all?:(

It sounds as if there may be a way forward in your situation by rearranging living arrangements for your bunnies. I am not fully aware of all that's going on but have seen a few of your posts. If you want to keep them but there are bunnies fighting, then by all means keep the one separate to keep the peace.
I have three bunnies that have lived separately but know that each other are in the house. There is no referred aggression. I would love to bond all three, but don't know if at this late stage in all their lives it would be worthwhile for any of them since they all get along currently in separate enclosures.
It is of course, more work for me that way to keep all three cleaned and fed and exercised, but I know that if I had help for it I would feel a great load off. I have two kids who could help, but don't really. It's very hard, but I just get on with it. There really is no option for me to rehome in my area as rabbits are seen more as meat than companion animals. :(

I hope you can find a suitable solution. I get the impression you would really like to keep your bunnies. I do hope this is possible. (((((hugs))))) xxxx

yes it was to do with my health, however mum says she is willing to help out when needed and as long as i know i have that back up support i feel i could not give them all up as i love them too much....perhaps im being selfish...

i have been talking with them(mum and dad) about how i can balance out my energy more and i feel that now i know they believe i can do it and are willing to help i have what it takes to care for them.

whatever happens bluebell needs separating as she isnt happy.

am i being selfish? should i just rehome them all?:(

I really hope my post didn't upset you, that's great that your parents are going to help you, best of luck to you and I hope your health improves xx

Back