• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay 4 pets timothy and rye question

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
our new bag arrived yesterday but it doesn't smell right. instead of a sweet smell it kind of smells stale i suppose. :? has anyone else noticed a difference in smell or have i been unlucky with it yet again :(

i feel nervous to email them again. i don't want them to think i'm taking the mick, but i keep being unlucky with my bags :(

My rabbits loved it till the last £16 bag I bought, it looked different and it was a struggle to get them to eat it. Ive since bought a farm bale locally and they dont like that either:evil: Back to the drawing board

Mine just went off the t&rye.. Luckily Leo loves it, whatever it looks/smells like but he eats anything :lol:

I have 2 bags of ings now because they're eating it so quickly! Moved off one and onto another :roll:!

I got 3 bags like that, when everyone else was raving about how nice it is. I don't bother ordering it anymore as I cant afford to throw another bag away.

Last time I contacted them they sent me out a replacement straightaway that was the same :shock:. I didn't bother asking for another - I had explained the issue so I can only assume that they don't check the bags before they go else they would have picked up that it was a stale bag.

If it smells stale, please don't feed to your rabbits - I did and my rupert ended up in vets for 24 hours, we nearly lost him! Contact H4P immediately. They're very helpful.

Check for mould, I didn't but when I looked, it was mouldy :(

i have emailed hay for pets. i hate things like this, makes me really nervous :(

anyway, i won't be feeding the hay to them. i did give them a little bit when i first opened it as i didn't smell anything, but then when i went to get some more for them the stale smell really hit me.

ahhh, it's so frustrating. :(

the first bag i got of timothy and rye was stale, and this is the first one to be stale since then, but i have had a few dodgy soft hay bags, and when i checked the bottom of the bag it was all wet and mouldy. i am so lucky the piggies didn't get ill from it that time.

i got a reply from hay for pets saying it's a new batch of hay so smells slightly different but shouldn't be stale. it really does smell stale though.

anyway, they have refunded me so that's good.

Back