• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Animal Frontline...

Jolysium

Mama Doe
Just turned the TV on to see an RSPCA woman investigating some neglected rabbits.
They had no food or water, were in tiny dirty hutches, and one looked like it had myxi.
The owner was on holiday.
She told the person looking after them to give them plenty of rabbit food and held up the bag (Tesco muesli) and give them bowls of water, no mention at all of hay.
She didn't mention the tiny space they were in at all.
The bunny with myxi had to be put to sleep. The other two rabbits were just left there.
I'm shocked...

I've just thought the same thing!

Fair enough atleast he went and bought some more food and cleaned them out but to tell him they'll eat some straw but it's mainly for bedding and then not to even mention hay!! :shock:

Also there was two hutches but the doorway inbetween the two areas was closed off, so the two in the bottom hutch only had half the length of the already too small hutch!

I've just thought the same thing!

Fair enough atleast he went and bought some more food and cleaned them out but to tell him they'll eat some straw but it's mainly for bedding and then not to even mention hay!! :shock:

Also there was two hutches but the doorway inbetween the two areas was closed off, so the two in the bottom hutch only had half the length of the already too small hutch!

I thought this too. It was really disappointing to see this - it gives completely the wrong message :( Those rabbits shouldn't have been left there. The space each one had was only about 1ft x 2ft as they'd split the hutch in half themselves :cry:. They had no hay and this wasn't mentioned by the inspector. And how awful that she said something along the lines of the rabbits belong to someone who clearly loves them and looks after them well, but that person has gone on holiday and left them with someone with no interest. Clearly the owner does not look after them well if they are in that hutch and are left with someone who doesn't care :cry:

i know i turned it off- hay is so important and it wasnt mentioned! surely they should follow up with the actual owner and tell them whats what!

all be it the owner is probably ignorant of the damage being done, but the rspca should enlighten them properly! ...

i saw it and thought very bad advise by the inspector. she meant well but clearly knew very little about rabbits. I can understand them not knowing much about the correct care of the more exotic rarer creatures but shocking knew so little about such a commonly kept pet.

Back