• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question on taking bonded bunnies to the vet.

Fellie

Warren Veteran
I need to get Harley's toe nails clipped - and as I am really quite pathetic at controlling her I am taking her to the vets where I know she will behave (she just wriggles and fights and we both end up completely stressed out - she probably knows I don't really know what I am doing:oops:) and they know what they are doing!

She is fully bonded with Bobo so they will go together - Bobo is just coming along for the ride (his nails are fine as he digs on his slate tiles). We have a big carrier BUT I am very reluctant to put them in there together as I am worried that Bobo will try to attack her out of fear and stress (he does this in their hutch if he gets stressed - takes it out on her:() and in such a small, confined area - this would not be good! Also - not sure they would both fit as he's a big lump :)love:) and might just squish her as she is a little dinky thing.

Would it hurt their bond if we took them in seperate carriers? Do we have to actually take Bobo at all? We could keep him out of their hutch whilst I am at the vets so he doesn't get all territorial about it - the dining room and lounge don't 'belong' to any of the rabbits as they all free range there (hubby would stay at home to keep an eye on things).

Just not sure what the best way is?

I am pretty sure their bond will be fine without taking Bobo as well. I have taken lots of bonded bunnies on their own and there has been no problem.

Back