• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

linoleum base for NIC cage?

Kaiyoyuki

New Kit
So I am planning on making a 3x5 or 6 NIC cage for my 8 week old holland lop. I have a friend that has extra linoleum that I will use for the base. He said I should be able to just put it on the floor, but I feel like putting linoleum on carpet won't work. Do I need a base the linoleum and if so what should it be? And what should I do if I add in other levels?

I don't think there would be a problem. I'm thinking the nic cubes would be heavy enough to hold down the Lino (I call it that too but I expect its vinyl flooring). Unless the carpet is a very thick pile.

If in doubt you could get a piece of hardboard cut to size, using heavy tape to join any sections if necessary and put the Lino on top of that. Either way make sure the edges of the Lino are not accessible to bunny teeth!

Back