• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to give a Cat a Pill

Oh wow, you made it look pretty easy :lol: Hope Jessy is feeling better soon!

:lol: he is right as rain :roll: foot all better, can't see a mark now :D

Back to putting his feet where he shouldn't no doubt, not sure if it was cat, rat or bun that did it, he may even have steeped on something, but he couldn't care :roll::love:

Just glad he takes his medicine so easy:love:

WOW what a good boy!
I have to sit on my cat almost, hold her mouth open, put it as far down as I can and then quickly squirt a tiny bit of water in her mouth with a syringe so she actually swallows it.. and half the time she still manages to bring it back up somehow!!:roll:

What a gorgeous well behaved little fella!

I took my cat Susie to the vet yesterday and they gave her a pill by shooting it down her throat :shock:

Needless to say it worked and didnt come back up. All was forgiven by the time I got her home as she was too busy moaning about the car journey :lol:

I took my cat Susie to the vet yesterday and they gave her a pill by shooting it down her throat :shock:

Needless to say it worked and didnt come back up. All was forgiven by the time I got her home as she was too busy moaning about the car journey :lol:

:lol::lol:

Pill poppers, we use them at the rescue, they are awesome! :lol: but you do need to 'pop' them right at the back of the tongue so that only the most ingenious stand a hope of spitting them up!

I always use them now, even on the ones other staff say you don't need to, it's so much easier and quicker, meaning less stress for the cat. Also avoids bitten fingers, I once got my finger bitten by a kitten, the darn thing was less than 3 months, the most adorable friendly playful little thing and I left the pen bleeding :shock: got somewhat teased for that one :lol:

I wish all cats were that easy to give pills too!!! :love:

Pill poppers, we use them at the rescue, they are awesome! :lol: but you do need to 'pop' them right at the back of the tongue so that only the most ingenious stand a hope of spitting them up!

I always use them now, even on the ones other staff say you don't need to, it's so much easier and quicker, meaning less stress for the cat. Also avoids bitten fingers, I once got my finger bitten by a kitten, the darn thing was less than 3 months, the most adorable friendly playful little thing and I left the pen bleeding :shock: got somewhat teased for that one :lol:

I wish all cats were that easy to give pills too!!! :love:

I only read that as "I always use them now, even on the other staff".... :shock:
:lol: :lol:

We put them in some cheese, but it's not always easy.
I just gave my dog a pill (they are huge) rolled in some cheese, but she ate the cheese and spit the pill out. However, she took it and ate it:D

My cats, it's grab them, force mouth open, put pill at back and stroke under chin until they swallow.
I got a pill popper too, wonder where it is...

1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

3. Retrieve cat from bedroom, and throw soggy pill away.

4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from yard.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink one beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with rubber band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of Scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw tee-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12. Call fire department to retrieve the friggin' cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil-wrap.

13. Tie the dang thing's front paws to rear paws with twine and bind tightly to leg of dining room table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour two pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Consume remainder of Scotch. Get spouse to drive you to emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for Humane Society to collect mutant cat from **** and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

How to Give a Dog a Pill 1. Wrap it in cheese

;)

1. Pick cat up and cradle it in the crook of your left arm as if holding a baby. Position right forefinger and thumb on either side of cat's mouth and gently apply pressure to cheeks while holding pill in right hand. As cat opens mouth, pop pill into mouth. Allow cat to close mouth and swallow.

2. Retrieve pill from floor and cat from behind sofa. Cradle cat in left arm and repeat process.

4. Take new pill from foil wrap, cradle cat in left arm holding rear paws tightly with left hand. Force jaws open and push pill to back of mouth with right forefinger. Hold mouth shut for a count of ten.

5. Retrieve pill from goldfish bowl and cat from top of wardrobe. Call spouse from yard.

6. Kneel on floor with cat wedged firmly between knees, hold front and rear paws. Ignore low growls emitted by cat. Get spouse to hold head firmly with one hand while forcing wooden ruler into mouth. Drop pill down ruler and rub cat's throat vigorously.

7. Retrieve cat from curtain rail, get another pill from foil wrap. Make note to buy new ruler and repair curtains. Carefully sweep shattered figurines and vases from hearth and set to one side for gluing later.

8. Wrap cat in large towel and get spouse to lie on cat with head just visible from below armpit. Put pill in end of drinking straw, force mouth open with pencil and blow down drinking straw.

9. Check label to make sure pill not harmful to humans, drink one beer to take taste away. Apply Band-Aid to spouse's forearm and remove blood from carpet with cold water and soap.

10. Retrieve cat from neighbor's shed. Get another pill. Open another beer. Place cat in cupboard and close door onto neck to leave head showing. Force mouth open with dessert spoon. Flick pill down throat with rubber band.

11. Fetch screwdriver from garage and put cupboard door back on hinges. Drink beer. Fetch bottle of Scotch. Pour shot, drink. Apply cold compress to cheek and check records for date of last tetanus shot. Apply whiskey compress to cheek to disinfect. Toss back another shot. Throw tee-shirt away and fetch new one from bedroom.

12. Call fire department to retrieve the friggin' cat from tree across the road. Apologize to neighbor who crashed into fence while swerving to avoid cat. Take last pill from foil-wrap.

13. Tie the dang thing's front paws to rear paws with twine and bind tightly to leg of dining room table, find heavy duty pruning gloves from shed. Push pill into mouth followed by large piece of steak. Be rough about it. Hold head vertically and pour two pints of water down throat to wash pill down.

14. Consume remainder of Scotch. Get spouse to drive you to emergency room, sit quietly while doctor stitches fingers and forearm and removes pill remnants from right eye. Call furniture shop on way home to order new table.

15. Arrange for Humane Society to collect mutant cat from **** and call local pet shop to see if they have any hamsters.

;)

Brilliant, this is so funny I want to print it out and hang it in the kitchen :love: xx

;)

This was me giving Rabbit his medicine after the plum fairy visit, as it was liquid i defo ate some and wore the test :lol: he wasnt best pleased either :lol:

Mrs m Carey, I wish my cat took tablets as easy as that, my dogs act like they're treats and sit for them but the cat, that's a another story :lol:

Red fraggle , that was brilliant :lol: I've read something similar but not that long or funny, I've just sat literally crying with laughter reading it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Each of my oldies in turn has been on daily meds, currently its Rosie, 3 years of 3 pills a day, 4 pills on 2 of those days. Shes got as she just lifts her head up for me to do it every night, takes about 5 seconds in total. It wasnt always like this shes just resigned to it now:oops:

Mrs m Carey, I wish my cat took tablets as easy as that, my dogs act like they're treats and sit for them but the cat, that's a another story :lol:

Red fraggle , that was brilliant :lol: I've read something similar but not that long or funny, I've just sat literally crying with laughter reading it :lol::lol::lol::lol:

:thumb:

Each of my oldies in turn has been on daily meds, currently its Rosie, 3 years of 3 pills a day, 4 pills on 2 of those days. Shes got as she just lifts her head up for me to do it every night, takes about 5 seconds in total. It wasnt always like this shes just resigned to it now:oops:

I used to have to hide my NoNo's medication in a prawn :roll: not a little tiny prawn were talking "Tiger" prawn :lol: the pill was microscopic and she still used to find it :shock:

Then we went to the cat up a sleeve with elastic cuff, feet can't get out and they can't reverse :oops:

Back