• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunny Shaking - what's wrong with him?

Azraelm

Wise Old Thumper
So I got my new foster bunny Albie a week and a half ago - he is sooooo cute! He's a NZ white, so gentle and friendly.

He does a strange thing though, he shakes/trembles over his whole body when he's lying down :? I think I am quite bunny knowledgable having fostered, had my own rabbits and been on RU for so long but I can't see what's wrong with him. He lives in the garage and I bring him into the house for a bit when I'm home from work.

He's definitely not scared as he comes to us looking for attention and he doesn't appear to be ill because he runs about all over the place and eats and poos normally.

He is not too hot either because his ears feel quite cool to the touch. When I have him in the house we have all the windows open anyway (In New Zealand the houses are wooden and there is no central heating or double glazing so the temperature is not drastically different from the garage where he lives most of the time).

It could be he has just exerted himself as last night he was lying down doing it after running up and down the corridor binkying, but then he just seems to be doing it ALL the time he lies down. Last night I listened for gurgling noises and there were none but I could hear him breathing. He also does it when he's out in the garden.

Any thoughts? I'm sure the SPCA will give him a check over if I ask but I did just wonder if this is a 'thing' some rabbits just do.

Back