• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trips to the vets

yamazumi

Warren Scout
I know it's usually reconmended to take rabbits together to the vets. Arthur is okay with travelling but Chaplin can be hit and miss. When Arthur had his vacc in feb she went with and was generally fine, however, we went today with Arthur and her breathing was very laboured and she was curled up at the back looking pretty freaked out. Once we got home I scooped her out and gave her some forage and she hopped off into her room and had a nibble but tool her half hour or so to be normal again.

Obviously if Chaplin needs to go we can take Arthur no problem, but for when Arthur goes do you think we should take him alone?

Yes, I take rabbits on their own regularly and there is never any problem on our return.

I kept Annie, just spayed, on her own for 10 days, until the staples had been removed, and when I put them back together he chased her for a couple of seconds then he looked so happy she was back with him. It was really lovely, because I did wonder how he would react, as 10 days is quite a while.

Back