• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Insurance

I do for Little Nylon one of the chinchillas but I haven't had to make a claim. They were recommended to me by CJ Hall, the exotic vets as really good. He told me his clients haven't had problems making claims.

I do for Little Nylon one of the chinchillas but I haven't had to make a claim. They were recommended to me by CJ Hall, the exotic vets as really good. He told me his clients haven't had problems making claims.

Thank you

Just being nosy and looking at various Rabbit Insurance Policies. When I had my Dog she was Insured with Pet Plan but back then they were about the only Pet Insurance Company around

I was wondering how things have changed now. Seems they have changed A LOT !!

Thank you

Just being nosy and looking at various Rabbit Insurance Policies. When I had my Dog she was Insured with Pet Plan but back then they were about the only Pet Insurance Company around

I was wondering how things have changed now. Seems they have changed A LOT !!

Insurance for pets is a mine field. I am with three companies. Bandit is with pet plan but the other two with Pets at Home. :roll: I cannot change them as Cutie-pie is 7 now and at least I was able to get her insured at 5. Both have ongoing dentals problems too but at least with Mr B it wasn't pre-existing.

Can you believe I have been waitng a few months for Mr B's claim form so I phoned on Friday and said email it to me. The bloke said he emailed it. I waited 24 hours and nothing so phoned back and waited until it came through there and then before the phone call ended. This is going back to February. :roll:

Now I have to see if we can claim for everything in the last few months or it will have to be three seperate claims. Either way I am sure I will have a battle on my hands and would never recommend Pets at Home to anyone.

i use that insurance company for eddie piggy. not had it long and haven't claimed but when i read about other peoples experiences, they seemed to like this company. :)

I use exotics direct, I only has Womble insured but I haven't been able to face putting a claim in a claim in since loosing him so can't comment on the service :(

I read the policy documents before I took out my insurance. I didn't think their coverage was as good as PetPlan but I can't remember why :?

I can't give any personal feedback but there are insurance leaflets at Harcourt-Brown vet's waiting room for companies they recommend - Exotics Direct leaflets are amongst them. She has comment in the past about how it's important to choose the right insurer as some are not good at paying out. I therefore assume that their experience with them is good.

The only consistently poor feedback I have heard is about Pets at Home

No surprise there I guess !!

Some companies dont cover Rabbit Insurance at all, just Cats and Dogs

I don't know about exotics direct, but petplan are awesome. They have never queried any of my claims and pay out very quickly :wave: i have claimed a LOT in two years!

I don't know about exotics direct, but petplan are awesome. They have never queried any of my claims and pay out very quickly :wave: i have claimed a LOT in two years!

They were always very good when I had my Dog insured with them, well 2 dogs actually.

But I had heard a few people say they had problems with some claims relating to Dental abscesses in Rabbits :?

There is a guy who owns a bearded dragon and he uses exotic direct for his insurance.
He says he's never had any problems with them.

Not sure if any do over £2000 per year, hopefully someone will be along that'll know :)

The only consistently poor feedback I have heard is about Pets at Home

Yep! Although funnily enough, I'm having no problems at all! Where there have been some annoying problems emerge (the dreaded "we asked your vet for more information and have closed the case" letter) they've actually been resolved quickly and easily. I've had no problems with them paying up for either cats or rabbits, and all are rescues with incomplete histories. Although judging by other people's experiences, it sounds as if I have been lucky!

Back