• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Cheeky -no improvement Change of meds

bunslave

Mama Doe
Further to this thread http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?385554-Advice-needed-please-post-7

We've been back to see Aiden at Ashleigh vets this morning for 10 day follow up. Unfortunately the ceporex doesn't seem to be touching the infection and her mobility and head tilt are worse if anything :( We are still waiting on the full lab results and she is now on fortum injections twice daily, metacam and cerenia also twice a day. At least fortum is easier to inject.
I asked him to look at the scabby sore on her hock and he's given me anusol (pile cream) to apply to the affected area. Dread to think what they charged me for it when I could maybe have got it at the chemists :roll:
Anyhoo, fingers crossed the new meds make a difference.

I'm so sorry to hear that Cheeky isn't reponding to the ABx.:(
I have heard very highly of Aiden from Biscandmat1. So you have a good vet.

I have only 3 suggestions. I hope that Cheeky is getting good pain relief - which needs the dose of metacam to be given x2 daily. All Abx need a good immune system to work well & pain suppresses it.

Personally I use echinacea which makes the white cells more aggressive in fighting bacteria & reduces cell damage by them.

I do not know how widespread it is, but my own practice is starting to use laser treatment for buns with ear infections. Apparently it improves the blood supply to the area, which in turn helps ABx to get to the right place.
It may be worth asking Aiden about this.

Big cyber ((((Hugs))))

Back