• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dog crate for my giant conti?

Eaj20

Young Bun
I was thinking about just having a dog crate as housing for my giant conti as she is going to get very big. Just wondering how big someone would suggest? and has anyone got any pics of theres? thanks :)

I had a 48 inch but it's not big enough to shut buns in, if you had a puppy pen attached then it would be okay with plenty of time out. Not sure on a conti though, maybe 2 puppy pens! A 48 inch crate and puppy pen wasn't big enough for my medium sized rabbit though. She wanted out all the time.
Or is it just a base?

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...door-Housing&p=4899619&viewfull=1#post4899619

Thats a brilliant link thanks!
They have the whole house to run around in most of the time its just a place to call base when they want to! although we are thinking about moving them out into the garden shed and attaching a cat flap to it so they can go in and out of the shed into our safe and enclosed garden whenever they like :)

We got this for a base for Clive. Quite reasonable for price and it's of decent build.

http://www.wackypets.co.uk/product.... 8505B&AnimalTypeID=1&CategoryID=27&SubCatID=

He gets shut in at night and while we're at work at the moment while he is litter training (he's only 12 weeks) but he'll have free roam of downstairs eventually. He looks lost in it at his current size, can stand fine etc:

477996_10152806135370595_1202206313_o.jpg

I ended up buying a 48" off ebay for £33 so not too bad i thought the bigger the better as i still dont know how big she is going to get her dad weighed 16lbs and her mum 19lbs so i suppose shes going to get pretty big! I cant wait hehe! She is still being litter trained so at the moment she spends half an hour in the cage half an hour out just until she learns to go back to her cage when she needs to do her buiness although she is pretty good and learning quickly!! I find it a lot easier to litter train younger buns!!

Back