• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Scabby bunny

iggyperdyandme

Alpha Buck
I know this is possibly a health topic and im sorry if its in the wrong section.

Betty bunny has a scab just above her bum. I think she has been over grooming herself and i dont know why? She seems to be constantly grooming herself for the last couple of days.

I cant see anything flea or mite like. She is moulting too, normal mind. She is a lion head. It looks like she has been biting off her fur :(

She has toys, nothing weird has happened or out of her routine. She has new toys and lives with a friend. I dont think her friend has been over grooming her though. I have no idea what to do!

She isnt behaving weird and is eating pooping etc

Im really worried though about fly strike or it being something horrid :(

Im going to call the vets in the morning (Im sure they get fed up of me, decided scab wasnt quite emergency territory).

Is it a health problem or is it a psychological one? What do you guys think?

It could be that some fur has been pulled by her friend when they were playing?
And its scanned over?
Pop to the vets tomorrow just to check her over just in case :) better to be safe than sorry.

Really weird, I noticed similar on my bun. We think she may have gone down the back of the shed and caught it as she does not have a partner. It is completely healed over but a bit of hair by it. She is moulting too so it could be that. She is due her vac this week so will get the vet to check it over tomorrow.

Back