• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Minstrels Bowl

Well i have a little bowl in my rabbits cage.
its got small pellets in for her to eat but i dont know when each day i should fill the bowl up because my rabbit eats them so fast i dont want her becoming over weight.
can anyone suggest a good routine i can stick to so it benefits me and the rabbit please.:p

Leo just gets his pellets in the morning along with fresh hay. In the evening he gets a top up of hay and some fruit and veg (not too much though).

Rabbits don't need loads of pellets, they only really need around an eggcup full a day, hay is much more important as it wears their teeth down and keeps their guy healthy.

She will act like she's starving all the time but if you offer unlimited hay she won't go hungry.

Ings hay is really nice at the moment, from hay for pets, if you buy the £16 (inc p&p) it will last ages.

If you want to give her veg I would wait until she's around 5 months old, then start introducing it slowly as rabbits has very sensitive stomachs. Avoid sugary veg like carrot, also broccoli which can be gassy, I would leave those and if you do offer them, then only a small amount and a few times/once a week. Stick with leafy green things, carrot tops are good, not iceberg lettuce though as that is bad for rabbits.

Things like dandelion leaves and forage are good as they are more natural and good for their tums.

Last edited:
Rabbits don't need loads of pellets, they only really need around an eggcup full a day, hay is much more important as it wears their teeth down and keeps their guy healthy.

She will act like she's starving all the time but if you offer unlimited hay she won't go hungry.

Ings hay is really nice at the moment, from hay for pets, if you buy the £16 (inc p&p) it will last ages.

If you want to give her veg I would wait until she's around 5 months old, then start introducing it slowly as rabbits has very sensitive stomachs. Avoid sugary veg like carrot, also broccoli which can be gassy, I would leave those and if you do offer them, then only a small amount and a few times/once a week. Stick with leafy green things, carrot tops are good, not iceberg lettuce though as that is bad for rabbits.

Things like dandelion leaves and forage are good as they are more natural and good for their tums.

Thanks So Much:)

:thumb:

Back