• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

GRRRRRRR Phoebe is causing me anger!

Gizmos mom

Young Bun
OK so I have just about had it with a young bunny(under a year) that I "adopted" from a client at the dog grooming shop I work at.

She is a dwarf and a pain in the ass I am discovering. I let her have free rein of my room but she is just being too destructive to have that much space. She jumps on my bed and poops chews wires( Bunny proofing doesnt seem to stop her) and she will jump up on just about anything! and keep me up at night with her getting into things and being bad! :?

Im not going to get rid of her as I have had another bunny in the past(passed at 13) and I know that they mellow out as they age but I need some housing ideas for the interm so that she doesnt end up electrocuting herself or getting turned into bunny stew :lol: jks

I have a bunch of those grids that people use to make the C and C cages for guinea pigs(she is housed with my guinea pig they are best buddys) Im thinking im going to just have to make a fence around the giant corugated plastic cage base about a foot away from it to give extra floor space(3 foot 4 by 2 foot 4).

But I am looking for any other ideas that people on here use to house out of control bunnys. She will still get free run time, it will just be supervised.

Any Cage Ideas Welcome!!! I need all the Ideas I can get so that I can figure this out before she drives me insane(almost done that! lol)

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Oh I know how you feel sometimes. I don't feel anger at my bun though, just myself for being so careless...Poppy was nibbling on my hoover while I was hoovering because a) I didn't think to put her in another room and b) I usually make sure the flex is up high out of reach, but I forgot. And My expensive boots got a hole in now because i was lazy and dumped them on my bedroom floor instead of putting them straight in the shoe cupboard.

You have to be extra vigilent when buns are around. What sort of protection are you using on your wires?

I use these http://www.amazon.co.uk/CABLE-TIDY-PLASMA-VIDEO-SCART/dp/B002KD5P96/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1367123114&sr=8-9&keywords=cable+tidy...double layered now as Poppy can chew through one layer (as I found out..but she didn't get to wire..phew). Tis is idea for things like PS3 charger cables etc. But now I do them double (one on top of the other) for added protection.

or you could try these for more permanent wires that don't get moved http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cable-Tex-Self-Adhesive-Trunking-Cable/dp/B004AEW3C0/ref=sr_1_10?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1367123207&sr=1-10&keywords=cable+tidy

Or I find a sheet of hardboard is ideal behind computer desks, though I do have to check kids haven't pulled their computers out and left wires exposed.

To stop him getting on beds, keep the doors shut unless you are in the bedroom with him and can watch him. And I must remind myself to put my boots away :lol: as I just spotted another pair on the floor :lol:

Every time my son comes to me upset that Poppy has chewed yet another mouse wire..it just reminds me that buns will be buns and chew, and autistic kids will be autistic kids and forget everything I tell them...and I am ultimately responsible for them all :lol:

edited to say: Sorry, just realised that you only have her in one room. Is there not another room in the house where she can go at night, which is easier to protect ...like the Kitchen? I had Bugsy & Chloe in my room one night and Bugsy kept me awake all night by chewing my bed slats, and Chloe kept me awake with her snoring :roll:

Last edited:
Sorry..early in the morning and I didn't read you post properly...are you proposing to keep bunny with a guinea pig in a space 3 foot 4 by 2 foot 4? This really isn't big enough for a piggy and certainly not enough space for a bun.

Also buns and piggies really need to be kept seperate and have a friend of their own species whom they can communicate with and exhibit natural behaviour.They have different diets, and a young active bun can seriously hurt a piggy. My 2 piggies have a 5ft x2 ft pen 24/7 with extra time out. A bunny really needs a lot more space to be able to move about I think recommended sizes on RWAF are 6'x2' hutch with 8'x4' run permantly attached with constant access...so your bun should need at least that space if housed indoors as a house bun.

I agree with fruit and nut. Also has your bunny been spayed??? That can calm behaviour I believe x

Back