• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We have a new cuddle time routine :D UD photos post 1

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Normally if they want fuss and attention they come sit next to me wherever I sit down in the aviary, but they can sometimes still be a bit flighty because they're worried I'm going to pick them up.

I now sit next to their dig box (large flower tub thing) and if they want Bose rubs and general human attention they hop into it and that lets me know what they want :love: it's working really well do far, Lilly's let me give her loads of head rubs, which she doesn't do when she's running around the aviary, normally only when she 's asleep and I go over to do it. But now she can request them in a safe place she's done so many times :love:

Harvey is a little fusspot, I spent over 30minutes fussing him with him in the tub yesterday :shock: my arm ached so bad!!!

Here's a video of the bunnies asking for attention. It's quite long so I don't blame you if you don't want to watch it start to finish! The examples of our new cuddle routine are at about 40 seconds and 2 minutes, Lilly didn't stay long but she has been stating for long cuddles on other occasions :love: also if you want to see an act of naughtiness and defiance, followed by good obedience when I use my stern voice, go to 3 mins :lol:

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll268/Larcher08051991/58587A51-91E7-4790-AD39-9A08CF44FD67-297-000000794AD4C813_zps9dfa3210.mp4

I love that after a few months of having this pot they finally use it, both for digging and sleeping :love: I often see them sleeping in it together :D

ETA:
AF8E2736-FE49-46AA-A9A9-4A82A42AFAB0-297-00000091D41BA6C5_zpsf7e8c137.jpg

B77E3958-D847-4608-A99D-CFAAEEAB4D38-297-00000091BEC1D65B_zps378ae7dc.jpg

Harvey fell fast asleep and stayed like that even after I stopped :love:
99973547-FB06-46C6-9DE8-EFA1A7088D40-297-00000091AEED5A2E_zpscce0ae77.jpg

Last edited:
It wasn't long enough :( Was lovely watching it with my cup of tea this morning. What a naughty bunny going out, but made me laugh when she went straight back in after being told :lol: What a fab enclosure they have, and cuddle corner looks just great. Lovely how they seem to know it is just that, for cuddles.

Aw that's a lovely video. :love:

It wasn't long enough :( Was lovely watching it with my cup of tea this morning. What a naughty bunny going out, but made me laugh when she went straight back in after being told :lol: What a fab enclosure they have, and cuddle corner looks just great. Lovely how they seem to know it is just that, for cuddles.

I'm glad you liked it :) they were in cuddle corner this morning and I walked up to them and they just both presented their foreheads to me :lol:

That wasn't a naughty bunny, she did exactly what you told her :shock: how did you get her to do that???

Can you teach my two that trick? :lol:

The other day Rhianna from on here came round to see the buns and Thor decided to scarper and went straight into the bed room, me following going "Thor, don't you dare go under the bed, Thor no going under the bed... THOR get out from under the bed!!!" Followed by about five mins of me trying to get him out from under the bed :roll: :lol:

That wasn't a naughty bunny, she did exactly what you told her :shock: how did you get her to do that???

Can you teach my two that trick? :lol:

The other day Rhianna from on here came round to see the buns and Thor decided to scarper and went straight into the bed room, me following going "Thor, don't you dare go under the bed, Thor no going under the bed... THOR get out from under the bed!!!" Followed by about five mins of me trying to get him out from under the bed :roll: :lol:

:lol:

I don't know how they're that obedient, whenever I leave the door open by accident I just walk out and say "in, now!!!" they turn to look at me and just hop in! Even if they're quite far on the patio, I think they just feel safe in their house so decide to go home :lol: I think if they went up the other end of the garden with the lawn they wouldn't listen so well :lol:

I love the idea of a cuddle corner too. That enclosure looks great. They hidy hutch is wonderful.

Awwww beautiful bunnies and I love the idea of cuddle corner! :thumb:

Fab video :love::love:

I love the idea of a cuddle corner too. That enclosure looks great. They hidy hutch is wonderful.

I was just calling it a cuddle spot until roger rabbit said cuddle corner, which sounds much better :lol: it's really nice having a place they know they get attention from me in and I won't pick them up from :D

The hutch there has litter trays and hay in :) they sometimes sleep sprawled out in the roof!

Back