• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mice

Suzyjo

Warren Scout
I've just found evidence of mice in the house :( Do they pose a risk to the rabbits?

We've had them before but thought we'd blocked up all the holes and now I'm really freaking out incase the rabbits can catch anything from them.. I'm so relieved they are away at the minute and that Pod is upstairs!

I'm really panicking :( and now I'm starting to wonder whether they had anything to do with Scamps death

I have had mice living off and on in my animal shed for years without any danger to the rabbits. However they are destructive as they nibble everything. I tend to leave them to it there, but wouldn't if I ever had them in the house.

I couldn't say for definate there is nothing they can catch, but thought I could provide some reassurance
We live in a rural area with plenty of field mice and we do see them occasionally, nothing has happened to the rabbits so far. The mice are around their area but they don't seem to bother the rabbits, mice are actually very clean animals so I wouldn't worry to much. My friend kept fancy mice and rabbits in the same room for years so it shouldn't be to much of an issue.of course there is a difference between mice living in fields and in a built up area because of the food they will be scavenging. Obviously if they are in the house then you might want to investigate where they are coming in. If you are curious put down a bit of flour (not in the same rooms as the buns of course) and the foot prints should lead you to the holes, you can then block them up, or get a pest controller to investigate.

Thanks guys, I'll defo be trying to get rid of them.

After setting a trap last night of maltesers in each room and blocking under the doorways I have figured out where they are coming from, the cupboard under the stairs. So today I'll be buying some traps and fingers crossed :D Will have to get someone in to block up the hole like, I'm no good with DIY stuff :lol:

Back