• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Willow - anyone interested in me sorting sticks for sale?

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
This is NOT a sale thread just a testing the water thread!

As some of you may have read I have loads of willow branches and twigs etc at present . I wasnt going to sell it as am so busy with other things, but it seems such a shame not to share it around - and as ever we need money for vets bills.

Am thinking of cutting and weighing some and seeing how much a small bundle of say 15cm long sticks (approx 2-3cm diameter) cost to send.

Would anyone be interested? and if so how much might you be prepared to pay - given that a huge part of the main cost is going to be postage but I do need to make it worth my while?

This willow is VERY fresh (lol) but will be sticks not leaves.

I am thinking how I could make them weigh very little - so may just bundle them up and tie them together and then wrap in an old supermarket plastic bag (inside out) and then selotape the name and address on them.

The last time i did it with super duper lovely Xmas boxes I had to buy the box and then the box added to the weight etc. so really a lot of the money was just the box and postage - want to avoid that this time as the twigs/sticks themselves will be heavier anyway.

I will have an experiment over the weekend.

PS anyone that still wants to collect some is welcome to!

I would buy a box of you can find a decent courier service as I couldn't afford royal mail prices now

I know - its SO expensive.

If Steve can come this way then you can have as many sticks and branches as you want for free - these will last for months!! Theres some nibbly small stuff at present as well. You could pack the car with stuff even if its just to have branches and logs in the runs

I am up the A1 now - just about 8 miles south of Peterborough - not sure how long it would take in all - its c45 mins from the A421/A6 interchange that I used to meet Steve at to do bun swaps occassionally.

The best way to send them would probably be either via collect plus or my hermes parcel shop. That way you dont have to much worry about parcel dimensions.

http://www.collectplus.co.uk/

https://www.myhermes.co.uk/parcelshop

looks like there is a collect plus place about 7 miles away - so thats not bad - will do some weighing over the wekend and see how many sticks you get for just under 2kg (the £3.99 price). The up to 5kg looks good value at £4.99 thats a lot of nibbly sticks!!!!

looks like there is a collect plus place about 7 miles away - so thats not bad - will do some weighing over the wekend and see how many sticks you get for just under 2kg (the £3.99 price). The up to 5kg looks good value at £4.99 thats a lot of nibbly sticks!!!!

Or if someone picks up at their local shop then it's up to 10kg for £3.49 parcel.....this option might be good for those wanting a bulk buy.

Oh, and I have sent stuff via collect plus wrapped in thick plastic bags before with no issues :)

Back