• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit awareness day, North Yorks

jenzel5

Mama Doe
Hello all. I am a veterinary nurse at Kingsway Vets in Skipton and would like to let people know about the event I have organised. If you live near Skipton, North Yorkshire, please come along! There will be free hay and food samples, prizes to be won, free advice and most importantly 2 local rabbit rescues will be there and all money raised will be donated to them both. A rep from Burgess will also be there to talk to people. It should be a fun and informative day and if you have any questions they can be asked on the day to both vets and nurses.
Samples are donated from many great businesses from Hay Experts, Hay4pets, Oxbow, Burgess and Supreme.

[/

Somebody's been working hard to organise this :wave:

I'll write it in my diary, I want to say I'll be there but last time I was going to come to one of your events Elijah made other arrangements and had blockage surgery so I don't want to jinx anything by saying I'll be there.

I didn't know we had two local rescues. Sounds like a really good day.:D

Hi :wave: Well local means Bradford and Leeds. :D I am hoping it is going to be great!
Yep, lets not jinx things for you and the buns :)

Hi :wave: Well local means Bradford and Leeds. :D I am hoping it is going to be great!
Yep, lets not jinx things for you and the buns :)

Yeah, of course, I didn't think of Leeds area, seeing as Skipton's on the edge of rural I think 25 miles counts as 'local' in this case :D

Well done for organising it, it's a great way to make people take rabbits more seriously.

Just giving this a bump as it deserves to have good attendance and it is to raise money for a couple of rescues

:wave::wave::wave:

Oh if we hadn't got customers in for boarding we would have popped down but Good Luck anyway hope you have
plenty turning out for it :thumb:

Thank you! I really do hope it goes well and people turn up! It is advertised in the paper too so hopefully that will bring people in! :D

For everyone who hasn't seen, the event is this Sunday! Lots of freebies and samples and a good cause. It should be a fun day and hopefully raise lots of money for 2 rabbit rescues (Camp Nibble and Bunny Camp Sanctuary). :wave:

I'm intending to be there. I hope the weather will take up. Looks like it might drizzle a bit but hopefully that won't spoil it.

I so hope its a good turn out and that we can raise a good amount for you guys. I'm looking forward to it too! And looking forward to meeting you! :wave:

I am too far away to attend this, but well done for organising this.

Reggie my rescue bunny would like to say hello from all at camp Nibble.

I hope all Bunny buddy buns stay well so she can attend.

And hello to Tuckers, hope you make it to the event.

Oh, I'd love to come to this but it is a little bit far for me to come. Glad there's something in the area, though. There's generally nothing around here for bunnies! I would probably come if I wasn't poorly!

I hope it was a success and you managed to get 'the message' across to a lot of people and raise loads of money for both Camps!

I'm sat by the phone in case I've won anything ;)

Was it good?

It was yes. Plenty of information on display. I'm really not good at 'mixing' and going to such events and mingling with people I don't know, so find these events quite hard to attend. I didn't tend to read the information, perhaps I should I assumed that it was stuff I already knew :oops: I just wanted to go along to support the event because I think it's brilliant that they put it on. I was impressed to see how many of the vets and other staff were there, they were obviously keen to make a success of it.

I just hope the weather didn't detract too much though most of it was inside and the outside bit was in a marquee so shouldn't have put people off too much.

Thanks for helping make the day a success guys. I thought the turnout was very good. Learned some things for the future also but seeing as it was my first big event it went very well! Lucy was very well behaved and didnt seem too bothered, she has come such a long way.
Hope the event raised enough for the rescues involved.
And I won't be picking the winners until tuesday so dont wait by the phone ;) but you will know by hopefully tuesday

Back