• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Our old boy Bruce has been through rather a lot

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:( He has been losing weight slowly but we though much of that was down to his age (10.5 years) as he is fine and bright, although understandably not as active as he used to be.

Monday his good eye was suddenly completely gunked up so he went to the vets first thing Tuesday morning. His eye was too sore to do anything with there and then so he got eye drops and was booked in for further treatment yesterday.

He had a GA ( which worried the life out of me) for tear duct flush, skull x-rays which revealed tooth root problems, and had his molars burred back.

Worryingly he had lost another 120g in the 48 hours between appointments :shock: :( so as he was Ok under the Ga we opted for chest and abdominal x-rays too. These didn't reveal anything, so we then got blood taken and sent to the lab. we are now waiting on the results, which might take until Monday.:?

bruce was understandably slow to recover from the Ga but once up on his feet has been eating non stop ( which makes the weight loss all the more worrying)

He was so pleased to be home this morning and Pru was even happier to see her husbun. However Bruce decided to get over his ordeal with some rather relaxing sunbathing........ you can imagine my sheer panic when i took my camera up the garden to photograph something else, to see this :shock:

P1040650.jpg

Oh my ..... I gasped out loud! :shock:

Sending lots of vibes that Bruce remains as well as possible. xxxx

corh :shock: I showed mum and she said "omg is that a dead rabbit, why is it on the forum?!" :lol: he's completely zonked isn't he :love:

Yikes :shock:. I would have freaked if I'd found Flora like that. Getting old sucks but he looks VERY relaxed :lol:.

Oh he looks so lovely. He brought a (happy/nostalgic) lump to my throat as he is just like my first bunny Rosie. I had her for my 16th birthday in 1980 when she was 2 months old and although every thing we did for her was "wrong" (in todays terms) she was the friendliest most loving of the few bunnies I have had. She lived to be nearly 9 with her only occasional outings to the vet for nail trimmings and vaccinations. I still dream about her now even tho she died many years ago. It was so good to find this forum when I decided to get bunnies again as reading about the rainbow bridge and learning what a binky is and that a flopped out rabbit is relaxed made up for the guilt I had felt recently when I realised her hutch was too small, she should have been spayed and should have had a bunny friend. I just hope my year old Netherlands. Dwarf bunnies I adopted 3 weeks ago lose their timidness and at least learn to like being stroked even if they don't jump up on my lap. They are gorgeous tho and I love them dearly. Sorry for hijacking your thread couldn't stop one I started on about my Rosie x

Back