• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

FAO people who wanted Willow from Parsnipbun

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
Hi all,

I was supposed to collect the willow from Twigs today, unfortunately due to the crazy hail we had here today :)shock: my wipers couldn't clear my windscreen it was so bad!) I wasn't able to. As I joined the A14 my car slipped and although I recovered quickly from it just infront of us was a car accident. As mum is a nurse and I've done lots of first aid training we felt we had to pull over to help, once we got back in the car I made the decision not to carry on with my journey and turned around for home.

I'm really sorry, and hopefully I'll be able to get over to cambridge soon for you but I didn't feel it was safe enough to carry on just for some willow :wave:

Poor you :(. We had some heavy hail here in Milton Keynes too - one minute sunshine, the next hail :shock:.

it was crazy, there were literally piles of hail at the side of the road and a river that was deep enough to go over our shoes :shock:

everyone was ok in the crash too I should have said! The car was but nobody was hurt and one of the vans involved (1 car, 2 vans and a lorry) was driven by an off duty fireman, if my dad had been in the car then there would have been a member of all services :lol:

No worries.

Wait until the weather is much less scary.

Glad you were able to help those involved in the accident.

thanks for being understanding all :wave: I just couldn't face going any further after the scare I had, I did think I was going to have an accident when my car slipped so took it as a sign to go home :oops:

Crumbs what a frightening experience, glad to hear everyone was ok - definitely not worth risking life and limb for some willow, glad you made it home safely.

Back