• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Benji and April: New photos of a bonding in process!

BigBunnyBenji

Mama Doe
Five days into bonding, here's the happy couple! :love:

They are spending a lot of time together like this. Benji normally sleeps throughout the day anyway, but he is choosing to lie with April or if not, very close to her.

April seems to be grooming him quite a lot as well, though I'm yet to get a photo of it as she is quite nervy. :)

ba2_zps17298ef7.jpg

ba_zps5e73e6ce.jpg

In the garden!

ba6_zps018e157a.jpg

ba4_zps4bcebfc6.jpg

ba5_zps7575f7cb.jpg

ba3_zps5cfb5d53.jpg

Last edited:
Wow looks brilliant! They certainly don't look stressed :lol:
April is so much like my sooty :love:

Are they together permantely now?

Wow looks brilliant! They certainly don't look stressed :lol:
April is so much like my sooty :love:

Are they together permantely now?

Well they only met on Sunday, so I'm a bit unsure of keeping them together permanently yet. They haven't been violent towards each other at all, so I let them spend the night together last night and they are fine this morning. :) He was trying to mount her all the time for the first few days but he hasn't tried at all today and only once yesterday, she can always outrun him so I wasn't scared of him hurting her.
I have five cats as well and they see April as prey because she is small, but I think Benji chased one of them off last night when it was near April! :lol:
Benji definitely is in charge, April is always the one grooming him. :lol:

They look like they have accepted one another which is great. Hope the cats don't stress her out.

They look like they have accepted one another which is great. Hope the cats don't stress her out.

They won't. :) I lock them out of the room at night, so she is completely safe. And I'm always with them otherwise, so the cats are no problem really.

Aww they look happy! :love: you should send Ann a pic, she'll be really pleased :wave: she's so lovely, she sent me a pic of Petula eating her greens yesterday, as she knew i was worrying :love:

Aww they look happy! :love: you should send Ann a pic, she'll be really pleased :wave: she's so lovely, she sent me a pic of Petula eating her greens yesterday, as she knew i was worrying :love:

I do want to send her a photo, but I just didn't know if she would think it was too soon to introduce them. :lol: I know it was too soon really, but April is actually happier and more confident when Benji is around.
I agree, Anne is brilliant though. :D

I am so glad Benji and April get on well, I hope Petula bonds well with your Olly. I think Petula and April came from the same home, I think the person had about six buns all in tiny hutches, so if April has bonded well, I'm sure Petula will too. :)
April is really nervy like Petula so I thought she wouldn't like Benji for a while, but she has taken to him really well. :love:

Last edited:
Update! :)

I let them run around together in the garden today and they had lots of fun. I've added more photos to the first post. :)

So cute together! :love:

They just fit somehow. Its lovely to see them looking so good together. You must be delighted.

Back