• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Who is in charge?

Which bunny is in dominant?

• Male

Votes: 16 38.1%
  • Female

Votes: 26 61.9%

• Total voters

BigBunnyBenji

Mama Doe
Who is in charge out of your bonded bunnies?

The male or the female?

Benji is definitely the dominant one, although he is very big. :lol:

EDIT: Sorry about the typo in the poll. :lol: I meant to type 'in charge'.

Last edited:
My boys are both the dominants within their couple, altough when Tilly was alive she was the dominant over Timmy :wave:

Charlie, he'll hump Milly and demand to be groomed. He's the most laid back bunny ever, but in a bond he likes to hump and demand love.
Milly is REALLY dominant and bossy with me, but is happy to let Charlie be in charge. Half the time I think that she's just doing it to humor him.

Neither of my older pair are, although the female is VERY protective of the male so maybe it is her in a small way.

Same with the younger pair, the female is very protective of the male but neither seem dominant.

I have a bonded trio and i can tell you know Those boys are whipped by my girl RaRa!:lol:

However when i bond Boo and Poppet im thinking Poppet will be lady boss their too :lol:

With Holly and Sheldon - Holly is definitely the boss although it took a bit of time and a car ride for Sheldon to realise that :D

Not sure with Harley and Bobo - it seems to depend on where they are. In the hutch - Bobo is boss but on their sofa, then Harley is boss. Inbetween - neither are as they groom each other.:love:

rambo (female) is definitely boss, Lola (female) is bottom and likes it that way, and Eli (male) is in the middle. It only becomes apparent at meal times though.

mabel though she isnt overly dominant but is the boss, rosie was in charge of mowgli and she was a nethie, infact id say all the females ive had have been the ones in charge :lol:

I think they are kind of equal. Temperance does most of the grooming, but she also occasionally humps/chases MJ (probably mostly when she has been asking for grooming and he's ignored her or sometimes when he is binkying around like a loon and she wants to snuggle). MJ is starting to groom her more, but he never humps/chases.

I'm glad to see others saying neither, I thought my two were really weird for not having a dominant one in their relationship :lol:

Brambles, she's a bit of a nightmare sometimes so we have to say no to her. Earlier she cornered Biff in the hay box because he wouldn't groom her.
She gets in a strop if she isn't groomed when she wants to be. :lol:

Both my buns have gone to the bridge.We had "Rio" a tri coloured mini lop house bunny for four years before my niece decided she wanted to get him a wife We got "Cleo" a gorgeous otter blue mini lop.Rio was neutered and they were introduced in the hallway.Cleo was totally submissive to him lying down in front of him with her head stretched out,he did a bit of chasing/mounting etc but was never aggressive (he was such a lovely boy)i was more nervous than the buns and had a water gun on hand,after a week of meeting they became a loving couple,however they still liked their separate cages at bed time.Cleo was a bit of a tart to him before we got her spayed!:)

Out of Harry and Milly its definately Harry but he isnt bossy-just likes to be groomed by Milly and lie next to her.
Out of Harriet and Casper its definately Harriet.Shes very bossy towards Casper and is definately in charge although hes so laid back and soft it works and they are rarely apart.:love:Although incharge Harriets the one who does all the grooming and Casper loves it!
Both bonds are very different and individual

Buttons is in charge, but if you go to give Buttons some attention Nibbles muscles in and says HEY, I'M HERE, GIVE ME ATTENTION! :lol:

I have two males and a female, one of the males thinks he's in charge but I'm pretty sure it's the other male that actually is :lol:

Back