• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can anyone in essex help me find a french lop?

Eaj20

Young Bun
I've been searching around everywhere for a female french lop in essex but I cant find one anywhere i would preferably want one asap and for it to be a baby as i have had bad experiences of buying adult buns. Does anyone know anyone who is selling any in the essex area?

Thank you :)

Have a look at the rescues around you, I'm sure you'd find a French lop :)

What bad experiences have you had with adult rabbits? Have they been from pet shops?

I've adopted adult rabbits and fostered some and never had any problems, sometimes they can be a little grumpy/not want to be handled or touched but that's bunnies for you!

I've had a look around cant seem to find any unless i travel for 3 hours or more :(

I brought a female mini lop from a lady she was only 4 months and i ended up with baby rabbits 3 weeks later and I do not want to risk anything like that again :(

Most decent rescues neuter so that would be unlikely to happen.
They also health check and vaccinate and most nowadays homecheck.

Another plus is that if for whatever reason it didn't work out they would take the rabbit back

I've had a look around cant seem to find any unless i travel for 3 hours or more :(

I brought a female mini lop from a lady she was only 4 months and i ended up with baby rabbits 3 weeks later and I do not want to risk anything like that again :(

If you adopt from a reputable rescue, this won't happen as the rabbits will be neutered.

There are a couple of female French lops available in Essex: http://www.rabbitrehome.org.uk/search.asp?inlocation=essex&RabAge=&RabSex=&RabBond=%&breed=12. They are already bonded, but that is a good thing, as you don't have to find a partner later on.

I don't know what they currently have but the RSPCA East Suffolk Ipswich branch always have rabbits for adoption! There is also Thumpers Rabbit Rescue near Ipswich and in Essex there is Little Angels Rabbit rescue in Romford!

Back