• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Julie choked again tonight.

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran
Julie choked on her greens this time. I fed her right before I sat down for our dinner as usually but this time I didn't make to her bowl.
She was acting really excited running around my feet but that is really nothing new. She always acts like she hasn't eaten in twenty years but when she flew infront of me this time I dropped the greens on the floor. She had greens on her head and back. I picked up a few off the floor because there were way too many but didn't bother removing them off her because she eats faster if she thinks I am taking food from her.
I closed the frig and was on my way to the table when she took off flying after me at a hundred miles an hours with greens still all over her. We both were laughing but then she starts choking. It was a bad scary choke. I had to hold her upside down ..well nose down on my lap while OH suctioned mucus from her nose and mouth with that baby bulb thing. She hasn't choked in quite a while. Since her last dental. I don't know if that means that she needs another dental already or if it was just because she was eating fast and running after me at the same time.
We think that she was running after me thinking that I had more/better food as her bowl is near the table and eating parsley that was hanging off her head at the same time.
She seems fine now and ate her pellets (with me closely watching just fine). No drooling and is eating her steamed hay okay.
Scary.

Last edited:
Oh god that's so scary :shock:

I'm so glad you managed to help her whilst she was choking, you must have been panic stricken :(

Perhaps pop her to the vets for a teeth check anyway, but it does sound to me like she choked because she was running around like a loon bless her :lol::love:

Poor Julie and poor you! ((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))) So glad to hear you were able to get her feeling better. What a scary thing to see! :(
I agree with Gemma, best to have her vet take a look. For me I'd be worried about any residual moisture in her lungs as well in case she aspirated anything.
Why do they wait till the weekend to have something this worrying happen?? :( Honestly, even though I know it's impossible, sometimes I think they do this on purpose! :roll:

Sending ((((((((((((((Stay well))))))))))))))) vibes for dear Julie. She is such a sweetheart :love:

Choking is SO scary. My Mr Bubble choked a few months ago, on a pellet.

I hope both you and Julie are OK this morning.

Gosh, that must've been so scary! Bella nearly choked once and it freaked me out so much. Luckily she didn't though, she just sort of spat the pellet back out. Glad Julie is ok, but like others have said it might be best to get her teeth checked just in case x

I also agree about a vet check and possibly a course of antibiotics as any residue left inside can cause infection. Loads of vibes. x

Last edited:
Julie is fine today. She is very active this morning and as crazy as ever. No matter how many times she chokes though it is still the scariest thing ever. She has been choking for years combination of just inhaling her food and over the last year her teeth. I know if any of that fluid gets into her lungs that she could get pneumonia and die that is if she doesn't choke to death first. It is hard to beleive that she is still such a food monster after all these years. I can't even imagine what she'd be like if she had a rabbit friend trying to eat also.

Back