• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I miss him....

Oompa-Loompa

Warren Veteran
:cry::cry::cry:

Sorry to be posting this but I need to let it out before I go insane.

I miss my boy so much.

I blame myself for his death.

He was supposed to get better. Not die. Rabbits shouldn't die from snuffles. It's not fair.

I hate that he's dead and I hate that he died when I wasnt there with him. Was he wondering where I was? Did he think I had abandoned him?

Why did I not cuddle him one last time before I left?

....please God, give me my boy back. I need him :cry:

I can see why you would miss him, he was one stunning chap.

Hope he is playing with my Inca & Kermit :)

It's the most horrific feeling... I feel sorry that you are still suffering... I am sure your wee boy misses you but am sure he is happy where he is at the Bridge. He wouldn't want you to be unhappy....

(((((((((((((((((Huge hugs)))))))))))))))))) xxxx
It isn't your fault hun, you tried all you could. It was the professionals who wouldn't help him that should feel this bad, not you.
It's just really hard when we love someone so much and they take that journey. We have to believe we will see them again someday. I keep thinking of my Bridge dog, Shadow and how much I miss him. I hope he is one of the first I see when it is time for me to cross over.

This is where we meet to talk about these things, we all have either been through something similar or know that we would feel the way you are. Post away, there are hugs here waiting for you. :love:
Thinking of you. xxxx

So sorry to hear you're feeling like this.

I'm sure you did everything you could.

Not all rabbits can fight off snuffles, just think, some humans get infections from colds. We're all different and they're all different.

His body knew when it was his time, and stopped fighting so that he wouldn't have to suffer.

Sending lots of hugs.xxxxxx

It's normal to feel this way and its just because you loved him so very much. When its so unfair you blame yourself for doing something wrong but guilt is a normal response and you will feel better when you get over the shock, it will take time but try and focus on the happy times you had together

Hugs x

*big hug* Don't feel guilty hun,
bunnies are so very delicate and it is so much worse when bunnies have something like snuffles.
You can't blame yourself you need to accept that he was happy till he gained his wings and you did all you could.
:love:

Thanks everyone. I'm just struggling a bit, and to be honest I think I will for a long time. I've never felt grief like this before and at times it gets overwhelming. Although I'm now able to smile at the memories as well, sometimes it just randomly hits me that he's dead....and it hurts so much :cry:

It makes me sad that Bella is on her own as well because she's such a social rabbit, she needs company. She gets very clingy when you're downstairs with her, and actually attempts to block the door so you can't leave! When I go home this weekend I'll ask my mum about getting her a new friend...I'd feel so much better if I knew she was being looked after by somebunny.

Sending hugs :(

I wish I could have given leo&Missy a cuddle before they passed, I kick myself everyday for leaving them. xxxx

I know I have alresdy posted, I just wanted to add more hugs!
What you sre going through is what I fear everyday! In sll honesty if I lost Jimby it would destroy me! So I really do sympathise and if you ever need to chat you can pm me xx

:( grief makes you question every little thing - what you did/didn't do/should have done/what they must have been thinking and feeling. it's so hard but you did everything you could. sometimes it just isn't enough and it is their time to leave. :cry:

i wasn't with ches at the end and that really haunts me. but i also know that in that time he wouldn't have just forgotten the love between us, because it was too strong. i think they are intelligent enough to know we love them, and when we are trying to help. he would have known you loved him, i really believe that.

be kind to yourself. xxx

Thanks everyone, it means a lot :love: Been a while since I saw Bella now so I think I've been feeling down because of that as well....going home tomorrow though :)

Back