• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poorly New Arrival Rufus UD New Pics p45

Captain Helen

Wise Old Thumper
Rufus is a new boy that arrived today. He's four years old, and I was told he was vaccinated, but his last vaccination was three years ago :( He has incredibly swollen genitals. I can't even see his penis. I've never seen anything like it before :( They couldn't tell me if he was neutered due to a language barrier, but I'm guessing not since he is obsessed with trying to hump my leg.

So I think it's his testicles that are extremely swollen. He also has a skin problem. He's booked into the vet in the morning, but does anyone have any ideas about extreme swelling in the genital area? His eyes and ears are fine, no lumps anywhere else. (He's in quarantine away from the other buns.)

Some pics of the brave boy...

Last edited:
OK, since getting rather amorous with my leg, his penis has made an appearance (woohoo!), which has parted the giant swollen lump. I pulled off some dried poo earlier which may have helped to free willy. I can now see the swollen area is mostly above his right testicle.

Oh bless him :( Glad he's with you now and will get vet treatment for whatever is causing the swelling, hope it's nothing serious.

He is a gorgeous boy :love:

No, he wasn't living with any other buns. Just him in a tiny cage, alone with his hormones for four years. He also has a mucky bum and his poos are a bit soft. I haven't seen him eat any hay yet.

Are his anal glands packed? Poor bub that looks very painful. :(
Perhaps some kind of blockage in his man bits? I really don't know much about reproductive illnesses in rabbits save that the does need spays to prevent cancer. I hope whatever it is can be easily sorted.
(((((((((((((Megavibes)))))))))))))) for Rufus

Ohhh poor little chap... he looks so sad...:( good luck with vets and fingers crossed for him...

I thought tumor, but hopefully it's something less sinister. I wonder if he's been overdoing it with the humping? I know my dog made his "bits" bleed from being too over enthusiastic with his bed! :shock: :lol:

Keep us updated, he has such a lovely little face. :love:

A tumour was my worry :( I hadn't thought about a hernia. His previous owners had never checked his bottom, and they had no idea that he wasn't normal. They did seem genuinely upset to be leaving him though.

He's got such a squishy face :love: and I think he'll be a lovely friendly boy once he can just stop humping for a minute. Just 5 minutes of his behaviour upsets me, I can't understand how people can live with that for four years and not think about neutering :(

Bless him. :love: Sending lots of vibes for his vet appointment.

Is he a wee mini-lop? Lovely fur-colouring. :love:

No, he wasn't living with any other buns. Just him in a tiny cage, alone with his hormones for four years. He also has a mucky bum and his poos are a bit soft. I haven't seen him eat any hay yet.

Oh poor little boy.So glad hes out of that cage.Hes adorable,Hope the vet can help him and its nothing serious.x

My cousin has a mini lop like him and he had a cyst on his testicle.

Could it be a cysts that could be removed when he get's neutered perhaps?

Oh dear, my Roger developed a swelling like this, and I am so glad I took him to the vets straight away, because although Simon did operate as an emergency, and he made a full recovery, it was a lot more serious than I expected. Of course, this lovely bun's may not be the same, but it is exactly the same as Roger had if that makes sense. It was a hernia, but why it was so serious and needed emergency surgery is because apparently in this location if they rupture, it would then strangulate the bowel, and obviously be a pretty horrific death. Really hope you can get it sorted quickly.

Back