• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need a break sometimes?

Fellie

Warren Veteran
Do you ever feel that you sometimes need a break from your bunnies? Just a night off?

I love our 4 completely and utterly but sometimes I just think - I need a night where I don't have to look after and care for them. The other night Hubby and I went out and only got home at around 11pm - which meant that the bunnies hadn't had their normal free range time. And I was worried about them all evening - and I know that hubby was - and we both felt so guilty even though they are in very big hutches, had plenty of hay and water etc. So whilst we did enjoy our night - it was mixed with bad feelings. The bunnies of course were fine - and we gave them extra time out yesterday.

Would love to go away for a couple of nights but just can't leave the bunnies even with MIL coming into feed etc...as they need their free range time and she won't want to do that. Putting them into boarding is not really an option - the two lops would be fine but Bobo would be so stressed at being in a new place:(

Ah well - that's the price we pay for having the little darlings - wouldn't change it but sometimes just wish I could take time off.

Sometimes.I dont really go away much cos although i know a lady(vet nurse)who comes to feed etc if i do gp away i would feel guilty as one of my buns has been poorly for ages and i dont want to leave him at the moment.
Id miss them-even for an evening they are so part of daily life.

I sometimes feel this way, not just about my rabs, but my other animals as well. Can't tell you the depths of guilt I would feel even if I could though...not to mention no matter who I left them with I'd be too worried to enjoy my time off!

I think the last time I was away overnight was almost ten years ago when my MIL came to town and she and I spent a night at a fancy hotel for the jacuzzi and nice restaurants. My daughter went home to care for the buns and Mimzy was so certain it was me he ran down his ramp and up to her and she said the look on his face was so sad when he realized it wasn't mumma. :(
Now he doesn't even notice if I'm out at the store for hours. :roll: I feel so unwanted! :cry::lol:

Yes I've felt like this.
My brother stayed at my house for 2 weeks whilst we were on honeymoon and it was nice to be selfish for the entire time and not have to worry about them. Of course I missed them and was glad to get back as well.

I definitely feel like this sometimes. I am the same if I go out of an evening and haven't given the buns their dinner on time i feel so guilty. And If I am away I worry about them and can't wait to see them. The bank holiday is an example the OH agreed to us going to visit some friends for the entire weekend and I would love to go but it either costs an extra £30 in boarding or the easier option he goes and I meet up with him later! It's like having children I can't just say yes to weekends away anymore without meticulous planning lol.

I haven't had a day off from feeding/cleaning the bunnies in 6 years. There have been days when I have been ill with flu and quite literally had to do it crawling on my hands and knees. So yeah I would love a day off, but unfortunately I would trust anyone else to care for them and I doubt anyone would want to look after this lot!

I haven't had a day off from feeding/cleaning the bunnies in 6 years. There have been days when I have been ill with flu and quite literally had to do it crawling on my hands and knees. So yeah I would love a day off, but unfortunately I would trust anyone else to care for them and I doubt anyone would want to look after this lot!

You know, I was actually thinking of you whilst typing out this post and wondered how in earth you do it. I really have no reason to moan really with 4 healthy buns.

I couldn't go through all the emotions and worry that you do and I have complete admiration for you...and thank God there are people like you out there that give up and sacrifice so much to ensure your buns have such a wonderful life.

I know how you feel. I do go away for weekends to visit friends. My son does feed and water the wabs (all six of them) and walk the dogs but... I always worry and send him texts begging for updates!!! Its always so so great to get home and see them all again.

I don't think I'd trust anyone to look after Moo.. he's nervous of people who aren't me and I'd feel horrible and wouldn't be able to enjoy myself. I just know someone else would feed him too much, or not do things like I do and it would agitate me! It truly is like having a child isn't it? I hadn't even realised how much so until I read the question and the idea of a holiday, as nice as it would be, made me feel so nervous about leaving him!

I would be quite happy to leave Spenser overnight if he had his grandparents in attendance to spoil him ... but I haven't done it yet!

Spenser is a very huffy rabbit. I was out for about 4 hours yesterday, and boy did he show his displeasure when I returned. It was his sleepy time too (afternoon) but he refused his tea, tipped his dish up and thumped at me. The he sat under a chair and scowled for hours. I had to handfeed him his tea on my knees to make sure he wasn't ill.

I do everything for my two bun's. Dd1 looks after Belle and Bramble with me helping out when she has activities to do. I always feel bad if they have tea late or in the morning if i sleep in. Not that i can for long as they start thumping and chucking things around and making a right racket :lol: I went away for one night with dd2 to a award evening, Dh fed and cared for them. No bun would talk to me for a couple of days :cry:

I'm am dreading going away for the weekend at the end of June. The bunnys are all off to a boarders where they will be well cared for, but i know i'm going to be in the doghouse when i get back. Dd1 wanted me to move them all down to my mums for the weekend (where she is staying).

Back