• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

One huge toilet?!

Delta

Warren Scout
Well after a month of going to the toilet in her litter tray whilst in the cage (The carpet seems as good a place as any while shes out) she has decided that she needs more than one place to go!
She has started using the opposite corner to the litter tray although there is still wee in the tray.
The obvious answer here is to move the tray which i have done, she's now laying in it on her back, head loling over the edge like its some sort of hammock :lol:
My question is, like cats, will a rabbit decide not to use its tray if its really dirty? I was really ill last week and im not sure my partners throwing extra hay in the tray works the same as my cleaning it out... or do they sometimes just decide they fancy a change around??

Rachel x

when they think a tray is overfull, they will throw in a toy to show its closed, and start a new loo elsewhere.

It depends too clean and it doesnt smell right. Big enough for poop one end and hay/naps the other can work well :)

My rabbit used to go only in one corner of his cage. After about three years, he decided that just one spot wasn't good enough, now I'm constantly cleaning two corners! :)
Hope you're feeling better now.....

Yeh i'm feeling much better now thank you x
We'll see wether she decides to make it a permanent thing

My buns don't like it if I don't clean out their litter tray on time. They have a 32 litre under bed storage box and only tend to wee in 2 or 3 corners...I use aubiose so it draws the urine to the bottom so the top stays dry, but they will start to poop and wee outside it if they think it needs cleaning out!

Mine also sleep and eat in theirs :lol:

Back