• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can't decide!

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
I'm so rubbish at making decisions! I can't decide how to arrange Heidi and Dash's set up when I get their run. I am more than likely getting a run from the welfare hutch co, but not decided on a size. I have an old triangular run (that I bought for guinea pig) and had the idea to cover it in tarp and have it like a tunnel/shelter/run through between the hutch and run... I love this idea but can't picture how it will work! I don't want the hutch on the floor but on legs it needs to be sturdy (the legs have already become unstable and need fixing if I'm keeping them on, I have taken measures to prevent the hutch from falling over dint worry!) the run will be 3ft so just a bit too high to have hutch on top. My next thought was to have hutch against fence on legs, for the extra stability, so it'd be sideways on, with runaround pipe coming out of the side of hutch into the triangular run which leads into the main run... But is is going to take over the garden like this! And I'm worried that the hutch may have times when it's in direct sunlight... Is this ok if they have access to alternative shelter (ie the tunnel/run and a shelter in the run?) or does anyone have any ideas how I could shade it? I will try and do a sketch to better explain my ideas! I'm also not sure then what size of run to get! I suppose I should measure the area of the garden and c what will fit and get the biggest I can... It would be much easier to forget the triangular tunnel idea but I think it'll be so good, they'll love it! They love tunnels! Iv thought of attaching it to Summer and Skye's instead and getting Heidi and Dash the biggest run but there's really no space for it in S&S's area...

Don't know what I'm expecting from people just needed to share my dilemmas! :D

Thanks tonibun :wave: I have had another brainwave (yes it hurt!) and I may have come up with a good layout! I'm thinking I can attach the front of the hutch to the top of the triangular run somehow (although not sure how this would work with the tarp idea :roll:) and just have legs at the back if this makes sense! That way it won't take up any more space from the length of the garden and *should* still allow easy access to hutch for cleaning etc. will have to make sure the angle of the triangular run won't mean it's in the way but I'm sure I can make it work... Will do a sketch later...

Back