• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Need help re orphaned baby wildie - URGENT PLEASE

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
OH is on a footy forum and a guy has found a baby wildie this morning. Can anyone offer advice cos I am worried that this is too young a bun and might not survive if he just puts it back in the field!

Last edited:
If there is a wildlife rescue nearby then I'd say that's bunnies best bet. Do you know where the guy is? Hope little bunny is ok!

What a little darling:(

Do you know if there are any wildlife sanctuaries near where this person is? Or even RSPCA? Or animal rescue place? I would imagine a wildy is whole load more difficult to rear than a domestic rabbit.

I agree - he won't last long if just plonked back in a field.

Argh, I thought it was in Glasgow where I could help but it is in Dublin.....och I feel useless now!

OH is trying to say to take it to a rescue to the guy. He is gonna pm him when he gets to his computer at work

To be fair if little rabbit is 4 weeks old he'd be out in the big wide world on his own now anyway.
I think if he has no injures he'd be better going of to the field. He'd be less stressed in the feild tan being messed about with.
Or to the local vets for a check up, they have to treat wildlife for free.

I didn't know what age he was from the look of him and if he should be alone at that age.

The guy took him to the field near where he was found and sat him under the bush, went away and then went back an hour later and bunny was still there so he has decided that he is gonna take it to a local rescue.

He is en route to the rescue, I have asked the OH to let me know what they say when he gets there with it.

Just goes to show there are some big softies out there pretending to be footie loving lager louts :lol::lol::lol:. Glad he's helping the little bunster.

Just goes to show there are some big softies out there pretending to be footie loving lager louts :lol::lol::lol:. Glad he's helping the little bunster.

I know, when I was telling OH to say to take it to a rescue I said 'has no one else said that on the thread' OH replied 'Kirsty it’s a football forum, folk are saying eat it' And when he pm'd the guy, the guy pm'd back saying OH was a big softie for being concerned.

Well the rescue in Dublin took the wee wildie, they said that it seemed ok, not injured, but they would look after it and try to get it rehomed with other wildies, so all in all a decent outcome rather than potentially being ran over!

Awww thats a fab result then.. well done you and well done the big Irish Softie!!!, xxxxxxx

Back