• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel like such a bad bun mum :(

scotlass

Mama Doe
I'm just back from the vet having taken Roxy and Gingersnap for their vaccs. Gingersnap went first as he is so laid back he's horizontal. He just sat there while the vet checked him over, weighed him and did the jab then wandered back to his carrier.

Roxy has nethie in her so is naturally more feisty. She tolerates being handled but doesn't particularly enjoy it so we don't force the issue. The vet opened her carrier and she just freaked out, tearing round the surgery looking for an escape. Eventually the vet cornered her and managed to pick her up but she screamed the whole way through! I've never heard a rabbit scream and I hope I never do again.

She hasn't come out of carrier since we got back, she's just sitting at the back, shaking like a leaf.

I feel like a crumb :(

Last edited:
Aww hun you are not a 'crumb'!!
You did what had to be done to keep her safe! Dont stress out, maybe just put some of her fav food and a bowl of water in the box with her and just talk to her softly.
Must have been awful for you too though, why not sit and have a cup of tea and relax together?!

aww..don't feel bad. It needed to be done. I have a nethie and I felt I was doing something wrong as it took 4 years before she would let me stroke her and not run away :( Now she will let me pick her up to transport her outside to the garden for a bit of grass time, but she hangs on for dear life with her claws as if something awful is going to happen.:roll: None of my other buns have ever been like this.

I rescued a bun from a horrible home and her ad said ' timid but not when got.' :roll:
I took the vets last week for her vacs and she flipped out. Jumped off the vets table by running up my husbands chest, reached top of the door frame and free falled. My vet said she'd seen nothing like it.
Thankfully she was ok.

I think we have all been through the rabbit terror at the vets. Pierre has calmed down now, but I remember when he was running around the vets floor and even they couldn't pick him up. I believe they do get used to it. Let her come out in her own time in her own surroundings. Your not a bad bunny mum, you took her to get all vaccinated up - that's sign of a good mum xx

Bless her, but these things need to be done so don't blame yourself. I wonder what could be done to minimise her terror though ... :?

One time recently that I had Spenser at the vet he jumped on my head - all four paws! :shock:

Bless her, but these things need to be done so don't blame yourself. I wonder what could be done to minimise her terror though ... :?

One time recently that I had Spenser at the vet he jumped on my head - all four paws! :shock:

No way! :shock: I thought my matrix rabbit was odd, yours is a gymnast! :lol:

I'm happy to report that Roxy is back to her usual mischievous self. She is currently trying to eat the leather sofa. Revenge methinks.

Thanks everyone, I've had a right laugh at some of your stories :D

Glad she is back to normal :)

I will have the same with my Herbie on Friday as he is going for his Dual Vaccine. This will be the 1st time he has ever been to the vets himself (since I lost Inca) and he gets very scared. Having Inca used to help him so no idea how bad he will be.

Glad she is back to normal. Please don't feel bad about it, it has to be done.

One thing is at least she didn't bite the vet! :oops::lol:

Back