• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

do bunnies feel pain when vacinated?

I reckon it must be a bit like a human getting a jab, it pinches for a second but that's it, much less painful than myxi or VHD!!! Also I believe that some buns have been known to suffer a sort of malaise the next day, a bit like humans sometimes feel a little poorly after a flu jab. Again though, nothing like actually catching what the jab protects from!

Yep, I think that's probably about right, just the same as a person getting a jab. Probably better because they haven't been worrying about having it :lol:

They probably feel a slight scratch. It's never enough to make Buckley flinch, or widen his eyes (which he does when something hurts him suddenly).

It's like with spaying/neutering, the health benefits out weigh the 'uh oh' feeling. I'm really mean and don't feel sorry for them because they're over it once they're home :lol: Like Hele said, it's a small price to pay to protect them against those nasties out there.

It's like with spaying/neutering, the health benefits out weigh the 'uh oh' feeling. I'm really mean and don't feel sorry for them because they're over it once they're home :lol: Like Hele said, it's a small price to pay to protect them against those nasties out there.

oh yes its definatly for the best. x

When humans have jabs, I think the anticipation is often the worst bit! The injection doesn't hurt that much.
Mine never seem to mind the actual jab. They sulk about the vet trip but they always get over it very quickly once we're home.

None of mine even flinch either, not even Chloe who is the most skittish bun I've had. She hates to be picked up, but is fine at the vets, even when being nail clipped and having her jabs. No-where near as bad as having a 6 week baby done...they always cry afterwards (or scream :lol:)

Rolo hates the vet and goes mad when they try to check his teeth but he's never flinched when he's had an injection, he sits there like a little lamb xx

Dont think it would hurt as much as when we have a shot, dont they inject between the skin and muscle? My baby bunny didnt bat an eye x

Ludo had nine injections in three days when he was ill and didn't seem to notice the actual jabs, just the stress of the vets.

Even when his back started bleeding he didn't seem bothered. :cry:

Frosty and Snowflake were not keen to come out of their carrier (!) but didn't seem to notice their jabs.

I'm doing Boris`s depocillan injection every 2 days. He just sits there well chilled, even if I struggle and have to put needle in few times it doesn't bother him 1 bit. Im sure he doesn't know im doing it just thinks his daddy is giving him a cuddle :)

Back