• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

how did you chose your bunnies names?

moi

Mama Doe
Peggy and Tonic where named at the shelter and as we fell in love with them wuth those names they stuck. Tonic was originally with his Brother Gin but they fought so had to be seperated x

All my bunnies have been called Bunkin or Bunbun:oops:
When I rescued a pair one was big and one was small so I called them Big Bun and Little Bun, I like things sinple like me!!

Thumper just thumped a lot, & had different types of thumps to tell me different things, "I want your attention/do something for me", to "Don't you ever do that again". He could do right crackers which made the joists shake too!
It was rarely because he was scared.

Benjie le bun bun got his name because he came to me as Mr. Bunny. Benjie was the nearest sounding name I could think of, to Bunny.

We kept the name Brambles from the rescue, but I mostly call her Bambles.
And Biffy is short for Big Foot, but the way he prances about all fluffily makes him suit the name Biffy more. :D

Sugar is a Fat Fluff and was named by a little girl, so we kept the name.

Roo is a rew

Poppy, Pansy & Daisy were known as the ASBO three at the rescue because they were very naughty and destructive. I gave them pretty names to help them shake off their ASBO image. :lol:

Nutmeg, Saffron and Pepper (Cinnamon made up the foursome until she passed away in December 2011) are spice buns.

Bentley is my one eyed Continental Giant. I took him on as a very poorly 9 week old baby, he had a paw through death's door. Thankfully he made a full recovery. It cost us £700 to get him through his illness. There's a big expensive car called a Bentley Continental, my OH named him Bentley Continental because he was also big and expensive and he's a Continental. :D

Minnie is Bentley's friend. She is from Windwhistle and was called Princess Sparkles. I don't normally change names, but having the name Princess Sparkles Hamilton called out at the vets was a bit too much. :oops: She's a mini version of Bentley, so we called her Minnie.

Thor and Loki because we wanted names that went together and we had just been to see avengers!

Poppy because her rescue name is Popsicle which I shortened a bit :p

Ludo is called Ludo because I wasn't sure about whether or not to get him, I've got to be honest, he's a garden centre bunny. We'd gone to look at a rescue bunny but he wasn't right and on the way home we'd gone to look at jigsaw puzzles at a garden centre not thinking of the bunnies and there he was.

Whilst driving home, a strange feeling came over me to drive all the way back to the garden centre, to 'go back and get Ludo'.

I don't know anyone called Ludo. I'd never seen a film or read a book with a Ludo in it. But this feeling was overwhelming that I must have this bunny and his name must be Ludo.

So I had to go all the way back (40 minute drive) to get Ludo. Luckily the shop had reserved him for me just in case. And so Ludo is his name.

His middle name is Sebastian after the composer Bach.

Kermit cos my sister thinks I look like Kermit the frog when I do a particular silly face and I like Kermit the frog :)

Herbie came with that name from BARC

Inca cos i'd love to do the Inca Trail to Macchu Picchu

I picked the name Harriet weeks before I even saw the bunny who would become Harriet. I just thought it was a really cute name and would suit a little bunny. OH wanted a REW lionhead, but I knew straight away I wanted Harriet. She was just beautiful and sitting away from the others, all comfortable and dignified. Totally a Harriet. And good job, she was the only one not reserved :D

Then we got Jessie. She was Ruby while she was in the adoption centre, but it didn't suit her at all. I wanted something similar in style to Harriet, like Henrietta, but we already had a guinea pig called Henry. OH suggested Jessie, and I kind of went "yeah, maybe", but it just ended up sticking, we didn't think of anything else.

Alfie was Brian in the adoption centre :lol: He sort of suited it, but I hated it. OH wanted to keep it, he found it really funny. So we compromised, we decided on Alfonso, quite a funny name, but shortened it to Alfie. He gets Alfonso when he's naughty, haha.

Oh and as for the guinea pigs, Henry and Arthur fitted with Harriet, quite posh, both kings (both have prominent hairstyles, like crowns!). We also had a hamster called Nancy. I love human names on animals.

Chrissy got her name from my roommate Manuela. She was sad as her mom was sick and we let her name the bunny. She thought Chrissy's male and named him Christopher. Then it became Christina. She has a ton of nicknames. For quite a while I was calling her Zwischa, I just like the sonority of it. Now I call her Tsura (it is a short version of the Bulgarian name Tsvetelina, it sounds a bit insulting but I like how it sounds as well).

Bunsk was called Zeus by OH, then Pepe by me.... then OH nicknamed him Bunsk then that stuck!!

Belle (no longer with us) was named by RSPCA Walsall as Jezebel so I shortened it

Buster and Brownies names where picked out of a hat of names suggested by our three children. Now nicknamed the ba-ba boys.

Belle is dd1's rabbit and she named her. Although she's now known as Belly Wellie.

Bramble was a adoption from p@h and already had his name although we call him brams.

The rabbits where also given F1 drivers last names by our kids :roll:

Cupcake got her name as the place I got her from is a 40 min drive from where I live so on the ride home I was holding her box and would check her every few minutes and I kept calling her "my little cupcake" and it sorta stuck

But it suits her as she has a white bottom half with an orange middle and a white head so she reminds me of a little orange cupcake with white icing :lol:

George's name was simply because it was st George's day and i couldnt think anything else to call him (today would have been gotcha day 4) :cry:

I have this thing where I never call anyone or anything by their name.
I called Misty that, just because I did :lol: but it was only ever her vet/Sunday name, I'd of sounded a right turd saying "yeah her name is Bunbun" :lol: I always called her Bunbun, that became her name, and if you went into the kitchen and called out "bunbun" her ears - well, her sticky up ear - would flick straight up, she knew her name was bunbun :lol:

Lola is called Lola because it suits her. She was going to be Muffin but Lola suits her better. I don't call her Lola often, I don't call her "bunbun" though and I tell my mum off when she calls Lola "bunbun", that was Mistys name. I haven't thought of a daily name for her, but Lola is her Sunday name :lol:

Bugsy was originally called Jack Junior, but I let my eldest son name him when we got him home, and he chose Bugs Bunny :lol: Quickly got shortened to Bugsy! Then we got Stephanie from a rescue, and my son didn't want to change her name. She became Stressi Steffi as she was not used to being handled and wouldn't let us near her.

Then I changed Poppy's name from Angie as I wanted a Poppy. And Pebbles didn't have a name as he was abandoned, so I named him after my first bun I had as an adult 20 years ago.

My new bun will be called Jenson (after the love of my life :love:)

My piggies are called Coco and Ginger because of their colour :lol:

I had a bridge bun called Holly because he was found abandoned in a box, and brought to me around Christmas time. He was bonded with my other bridge buns Katie and Amber.

I tend to give girl buns my favourite girls names..so there will probably be a Caitlin, Rosie, Mollie, Amelia and a Maisie (previously given to one of my x-batt chickens)

edited to add that my previous piggy 20 years ago was called Rosie...she gave birth to Bam Bam on Christmas day (she must have been pregnant in the shop my Oh got her from :roll:). I must have had a bit of a Flintsones them going on then as I think I had Pebbles the First at the same time.

Last edited:
Vincent's full name is Vincent Van Gogh. He has no ears.

Moss is named after a character on the IT Crowd.

Molly was originally Holly by her previous owners but we always like 'new name, new start' but we loved Holly so just changed it to an M and it sounds good with Moss.

Fraggle is after an 80's cartoon - Fraggle Rock.

Liquorice Allsorts - named after a black cat at work I love.

Jester - his breed is harlequin plus hes a joker.

Meg named after Family Guy lol - well she was called Lily by previous owner but hubby loved the name Meg. I said no but couldn't think of anything else. Hubby kept referring to her as Meg for about three days ( drove me mad! Lol) and well it had the desired effect - it stuck and he got his own way! :lol:

Last edited:
Mylo is after Coldplay's album, Mylo Xyloto, the Princess part comes from the song 'Princess of China', from the same album.

Olly, originally called Snoopy at BARC, we know we wanted to changed it but couldn't decide for days after we brought him home. He was a bit naughtier than we were expecting, after catching him escaping from his pen (several times! :lol:), Michael started singing Olly Murs' 'Troublemaker' to him, Olly just seemed to fit :) The Manson bit is after Manson guitars, which are just beautiful! :love:

Back