• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Border and enrichment help for outside area - ideas/inspiration please!

JackieS

Warren Scout
Some of you might have seen my post yesterday about helping identifying a tree................we're in the process of de-weeding a patch of the garden to make a fenced off area for the buns to play in (under supervision only)

a783b6fe-c4c9-4eb4-b691-4578c835e6d1_zps7c360b03.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

What sort of border to enclose it would be best? We want to be able to see them so not something with bits too spaced together, but obviously not so wide apart that they can climb through (although we could mesh it if we needed to)......because we're going to be supervising them it doesn't need to be too tall..........I was thinking maybe puppy panel height...............................but I'd love if anyone had pictures of anything they have done for inspiration!

Also, what sort of things we could put in there? I don't want too much stuff in there otherwise there won't be space to run around. My MIL has some thick apple tree branches that we're going to lay down so they can climb and nibble..........

N.B. Space is about 11ft by 5ft :)

we've used puppy panels for a supervised area in front of our shed and they've worked really well. So easy to move around and add to as well (it's a much bigger space now than when I took the photo)

575859_10151090992979363_157042132_n.jpg

we've used puppy panels for a supervised area in front of our shed and they've worked really well. So easy to move around and add to as well (it's a much bigger space now than when I took the photo)

575859_10151090992979363_157042132_n.jpg
we have some puppy panels for use inside at the moment................was thinking of maybe something abit more permanent and pretty looking lol but i'm open to the use of puppy panels too lol

Do they keep well in the winter/rain?

we have some puppy panels for use inside at the moment................was thinking of maybe something abit more permanent and pretty looking lol but i'm open to the use of puppy panels too lol

Do they keep well in the winter/rain?

we've had them up for about 3 years and they all look new.
Sorry, I misread where you said puppy panel height, I thought you just said you were considering puppy panels.:oops: They are ugly, although black ones look nicer. If you want something a bit more attractive how about getting some trellis and mesh the back of it? Green coated mesh is much less visible than silver. We have it on our chicken run and I wish we'd done the rabbit run with it too.

541937_10151090585324363_1411226381_n.jpg

Back