• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A few photo's of Pickle & Pixie.

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe

P1180156 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr
I have now set up the pen so they can come out for some extra space to run about in, it will be slowly increased

P1180070 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr
Here's their usual 8x4x3ft run.

P1180069 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr

P1180072 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr

P1180071 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr

P1180073 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr

P1180082 by
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/95050775@N07/8671134553/]

P1180108 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr

P1180109 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr

P1180112 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr

P1180116 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr

P1180129 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr

P1180131 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr

P1180127 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr

P1180148 by jackbunniessaunders, on Flickr

They look so happy, love the photo, looks like a bunny doing a handstand. One very happy bunny :D

Pickle seems happy with Pixie :)
Did you bond them yourself?

He certainly is :) She never sits still long enough for me to get a nice photo of them both together :lol:

Yes I did, They were put together in the bonding pen at the rescue for about 30 minutes the initial match up went quite well until Pixie decided to mount his head and then they had a little scuffle. He was very frightened at first he was even shaking! It was quite a cold day mind and it was starting to rain but at the time he was quite 'down' with grief of loosing Bella.

We then brought them both back on the hour journey home in the same carrier and things settled and I set up a bonding pen in my granny's spare bedroom and I bonded them there for 2 days before bringing them up to the shed their setup. They were quite easy to bond, they just needed to sort out the hierarchy and Pixie really did not want to give in and accept Pickle as 'top' rabbit so there was a few scuffles in early days. But all has settled down and they seem very happy with each other :D

He certainly is :) She never sits still long enough for me to get a nice photo of them both together :lol:

Yes I did, They were put together in the bonding pen at the rescue for about 30 minutes the initial match up went quite well until Pixie decided to mount his head and then they had a little scuffle. He was very frightened at first he was even shaking! It was quite a cold day mind and it was starting to rain but at the time he was quite 'down' with grief of loosing Bella.

We then brought them both back on the hour journey home in the same carrier and things settled and I set up a bonding pen in my granny's spare bedroom and I bonded them there for 2 days before bringing them up to the shed their setup. They were quite easy to bond, they just needed to sort out the hierarchy and Pixie really did not want to give in and accept Pickle as 'top' rabbit so there was a few scuffles in early days. But all has settled down and they seem very happy with each other :D

I will be getting a friend for Herbie soon and I am trying to work out whether to send them away to be bonded or trying the bonding myself....think I am swaying towards going for it myself now after reading that. It's the sending Herbie away that I am worried about too, cos he has just gotten over the grief of losing Inca, then he might feel like I don't want him any more!
Sorry for hijacking your photo thread with my issues!

I will be getting a friend for Herbie soon and I am trying to work out whether to send them away to be bonded or trying the bonding myself....think I am swaying towards going for it myself now after reading that. It's the sending Herbie away that I am worried about too, cos he has just gotten over the grief of losing Inca, then he might feel like I don't want him any more!
Sorry for hijacking your photo thread with my issues!

When I was at the rescue I tried to chicken out and leave them there to be bonded but I decided to toughen up and take it on myself :lol: It wasn't as difficult as i originally thought and I feel a lot more comfortable and confident with bonding now than I did before :) I think bringing them back would be the best idea because then at least Herbie will be familiar with you and will most likely feel safer as long as you have a neutral room then there shouldn't be an issue. I slept right next to the bonding pen and was awoken a few times when there was a few little scuffles but all i need to do was either chuck down some hay to keep them occupied or use a 32L storage box lid to put between them. I needed to make sure Pickle did not mount her head, I had to be careful just in case she did accidentally try and nip his little winky:lol: But overall it was pretty easy and its so rewarding to see the end result of 2 happy bonded bunnies and it feels good to say you have done it yourself :thumb:

I really love your set up Jack. I think it everytime I see it! In ten years time, when I have disposable income maybe I might take some inspiration from it! I think it's a great and convenient way of housing two sets of bunnies and it looks so neat and well presented!

I love your bunnies too of course :love:

The one of pickle binking is the first thing thats made me smile all day - Thank you for sharing.

When I was at the rescue I tried to chicken out and leave them there to be bonded but I decided to toughen up and take it on myself :lol: It wasn't as difficult as i originally thought and I feel a lot more comfortable and confident with bonding now than I did before :) I think bringing them back would be the best idea because then at least Herbie will be familiar with you and will most likely feel safer as long as you have a neutral room then there shouldn't be an issue. I slept right next to the bonding pen and was awoken a few times when there was a few little scuffles but all i need to do was either chuck down some hay to keep them occupied or use a 32L storage box lid to put between them. I needed to make sure Pickle did not mount her head, I had to be careful just in case she did accidentally try and nip his little winky:lol: But overall it was pretty easy and its so rewarding to see the end result of 2 happy bonded bunnies and it feels good to say you have done it yourself :thumb:

Stuff it, gonna order the pen and do it myself :)

Will do it as soon as I am back from Iceland on 14th May (also my Birthday :))

I'd definitely recommend doing it yourself, you know your bunny best so you know when to separate/keep going :) I've done two bondings now and am about to attempt my third, it just makes you more confident :D

I'd definitely recommend doing it yourself, you know your bunny best so you know when to separate/keep going :) I've done two bondings now and am about to attempt my third, it just makes you more confident :D

I keep coming back to that Pickle Binky.... :shock: Why can I never have my camera ready at a moment like that with my bunnies?? :lol:
Those are awesome shots and I am definitely going to show your setup to my OH to build something like it for my three...it is fantastic! :thumb:

Pixie is so PRETTY! Love how she keeps periscoping for the camera. Poser! :love::love::love:

Lovely to see Pickle binkying, I'm a massive fan of his binkies, that's a full-on headshaker too! :love::love:

Back