• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Some teeny tiny kittens, UD p18 mums been found!

Hele

Warren Veteran
Ok so they are kittens as in cats not buns, but they are very very cute :p they came into rescue at 2 days old without their mother as the people who handed her in managed to scare her off and she took a kitten with her :( she hasn't been seen since although we are still hoping to catch her so the family can be reunited. But at the moment we have 4 bubba cats to hand rear :shock:

As these are the second set of hand rear kittens the rescue have in at the moment :shock: I volunteered to foster them! I'm already missing normal sleep! :lol:

They are now 4 days old but these photos were taken yesterday at 3 days during a late afternoon feed :love:

32DE8892-FD6E-44D7-AF51-6DA71644BEA4-1203-000002CD30E50479_zps6c9671fe.jpg

EE4786F1-9025-43BE-9DBF-5DB883C925FF-1203-000002CD374FA23C_zps32206387.jpg

60388F40-875B-4582-A097-198EC59C5A7F-1203-000002CD3D234C15_zpsb20e1213.jpg

http://i1258.photobucket.com/albums...A442C8C-1203-000002CD4C9E12F1_zps3152bb5e.mp4

There are 3 black and whites and a dark torty :love: they took to the bottles really well and are doing so well so far :love:

I have a hard job! ;)

Last edited:
Well done to you for doing a great job. Sounds like a lot of work. Love it when the kits start sucking your fingers becuase they are wanting fed! :love:

Well done to you for doing a great job. Sounds like a lot of work. Love it when the kits start sucking your fingers becuase they are wanting fed! :love:

It's the cutest thing ever :love::love::love:

I have a newfound respect for momma cats, I've just had 2 of them need to poop as well as pee when stimulated... They eat that stuff :mrgreen: we have a cat at work with 6 kittens, she has had to eat 6 poops a day at least for over a month now :shock::shock::shock: give me a nappy any day!!!! :lol:

If I had a shower before I came and cleaned my hands with that germ killing stuff could I come and visit before they leave you please? Am happy to help feed. None of my cats have any illnesses but I know it's important to be careful with tiny kittens.

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes of course, I can't do tomorrow till the evening but other than that I'm free most of the week! (Out a bit on sat and back at work on Sunday)

My diary has to be pretty open as they need feeding every 2 ish hours!! :lol:

Of course if their mummy is brought into rescue I will take them straight back to be reintroduced, but I'm not sure how long that will be an option, they haven't seen her for over 2 days now :(

Awwwwww! They're adorable! :love: Like little baby Salems! Hope their mum can be reunited with them. Good luck with the hand rearing xx

:lol::lol::lol:

Yes of course, I can't do tomorrow till the evening but other than that I'm free most of the week! (Out a bit on sat and back at work on Sunday)

My diary has to be pretty open as they need feeding every 2 ish hours!! :lol:

Of course if their mummy is brought into rescue I will take them straight back to be reintroduced, but I'm not sure how long that will be an option, they haven't seen her for over 2 days now :(

Maybe Thursday? I am free all day then and more than happy to help with feeding. If you have any dandelion leaves near you again maybe I can pick some for Furby as they seem to be all he will eat at the moment. He even seems to prefer them to basil.

Would be good to meet your buns again too.

Maybe Thursday? I am free all day then and more than happy to help with feeding. If you have any dandelion leaves near you again maybe I can pick some for Furby as they seem to be all he will eat at the moment. He even seems to prefer them to basil.

Would be good to meet your buns again too.

Thursday sounds good :p you haven't met Poppy the foster bun either yet, she is a real cuddle bun, you'll like her!

I'm a tad worried about one of the kits today, s/he just doesn't seem to be thriving quite as much as the others :( I'm waiting to see how s/he is doing at the next feed then ill prob ring the rescue to let them know/get any advice. The poor little thing is slightly quieter than the others and unlike the others didn't put any weight on yesterday :cry:

Thursday sounds good :p you haven't met Poppy the foster bun either yet, she is a real cuddle bun, you'll like her!

I'm a tad worried about one of the kits today, s/he just doesn't seem to be thriving quite as much as the others :( I'm waiting to see how s/he is doing at the next feed then ill prob ring the rescue to let them know/get any advice. The poor little thing is slightly quieter than the others and unlike the others didn't put any weight on yesterday :cry:

What time suits you best? Morning or afternoon? Am visiting a friend in Liss too but she can do either morning or afternoon. She has dogs rehomed from 'Many Tears' and chickens and has some eggs for me to nom:D Thursday should be a lovely animally day :)

Does the kitten maybe have a cleft palate? I know that can stop them thriving.

Your foster bun sounds really lovely. I look forward to a cuddle :):)

What time suits you best? Morning or afternoon? Am visiting a friend in Liss too but she can do either morning or afternoon. She has dogs rehomed from 'Many Tears' and chickens and has some eggs for me to nom:D Thursday should be a lovely animally day :)

Does the kitten maybe have a cleft palate? I know that can stop them thriving.

Your foster bun sounds really lovely. I look forward to a cuddle :):)

To be honest any time on Thursday, I'm in all day. You will love Poppy, she is a sweetheart :love:

I don't think the little guy has anything wrong as such, I think he is just the smallest, I've been giving him an extra go at the bottle all day and he seems loads better already :p so when I feed them he gets fed first and then he gets offered the bottle again after all the others have finished. He normally take a bit more, and he is nice and noisy again :love:

They are lovely. Hope you manage to raise them. I know how difficult it can be to hand-rear kittens: they can appear to be doing well and then suddenly go downhill. Great pity that mum couldn't be found Presumably they've put out traps and are checking regularly?

They are lovely. Hope you manage to raise them. I know how difficult it can be to hand-rear kittens: they can appear to be doing well and then suddenly go downhill. Great pity that mum couldn't be found Presumably they've put out traps and are checking regularly?

I don't think they have got traps out, mum isn't a feral, or a stray so we hope she will go home or will be found close to home. Ordinarily we would trap I think, but she has a kitten with her. If she has stashed him somewhere and we trap her it will be certain death to the kitten :(

They are all doing really well now, there is still one that is slightly smaller than the others and a bit quieter but he put on 15g yesterday so is still doing well :love:

Oh good grief, they are purring!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

(I'll try and get some more pics at next feeding!)

I don't think they have got traps out, mum isn't a feral, or a stray so we hope she will go home or will be found close to home. Ordinarily we would trap I think, but she has a kitten with her. If she has stashed him somewhere and we trap her it will be certain death to the kitten :(

They are all doing really well now, there is still one that is slightly smaller than the others and a bit quieter but he put on 15g yesterday so is still doing well :love:

Am looking forward to meeting them. Will do me good as I am so stressed and tearful with nursing Furby. I am sure seeing teeny tiny kittens will be very therapeutic:love:

Of course I understand now why traps aren't being used.
Glad to hear that the little one is gaining weight.
Fingers crossed for them all. I do love cats and kittens.

Well they caught Mummy cat, her other baby was found dead down the side of a shed :( so the kittens have gone back to the rescue and have been reunited. She has accepted them but wasn't exactly thrilled to see them :(

The next thing is to monitor them reeeaaaalllllllyyyyyy carefully to make sure that she is feeding them and that they are getting enough. Apparently mummy cat has lost a previous litter before, so I'm worried about my little babies.

It's good that they have been reunited, the kittens will do much better with mum. :love:

But my babies have gone :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Well they caught Mummy cat, her other baby was found dead down the side of a shed :( so the kittens have gone back to the rescue and have been reunited. She has accepted them but wasn't exactly thrilled to see them :(

The next thing is to monitor them reeeaaaalllllllyyyyyy carefully to make sure that she is feeding them and that they are getting enough. Apparently mummy cat has lost a previous litter before, so I'm worried about my little babies.

It's good that they have been reunited, the kittens will do much better with mum. :love:

But my babies have gone :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

That's excellent news (I hope) for the kittens. As you say, they will be monitored closely.
I would feel like you, though - bereft!

That's excellent news (I hope) for the kittens. As you say, they will be monitored closely.
I would feel like you, though - bereft!

I'm sure it is good, mum was really really stressed when she got into rescue and still sat with the kittens as soon as she saw them although it took her half an hour or so to acknowledge them and that was only because the little torty climbed onto her back and then tumbled off thwacking mums nose on the way down :lol: she kinda had to notice them then!!

Once she had noticed them she curled up with them so hopefully she will be a bit more maternal once she has calmed down.

I really really miss them, I'd done so well not to get too attached... And then they started purring :love:

Back