• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Alternative ways to attach runaround pipe?

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
Just wondering if anyone has attached runaround pipe (or similar) between hutch and run without using the runaround doors? It would be through wood in hutch and mesh in run... In Summer and Skye's set up I have only used a door on the hutch and not the mesh, I reinforced the mesh where the pipe went through and there is quite a length going into the run, and it's through the roof of the run so this is perfectly safe, but I'm planning my set up for Heidi and Dash and I have a small length if runaround pipe left over from S&S's and since I'm going to be on a pretty tight budget I'm trying to think if I could safely attach this between their hutch and run. It would be through the side of the run so would u still think this would be safe if I reinforce the mesh again (I used a strong mesh panel on S&S's) and I'm thinking it would go through the back wall of the hutch... Any ideas? Sorry if its hard for people to picture what I mean! :D

My stepdad is an engineer and he couldn't find any way to safely attach the runaround tube without a runaround door. I'd just get the runaround stuff... you won't regret it.

My stepdad is an engineer and he couldn't find any way to safely attach the runaround tube without a runaround door. I'd just get the runaround stuff... you won't regret it.

Thanks I was just thinking about their doors and how they r very cleverly designed! I have one in Summer and Skye's set up and I definitely think its worth it, I'm just trying to think of ways of cutting costs so I can get Heidi and Dash in their run ASAP. I need to really think through my design ideas! I've got a couple of ideas and only way to do them is to prob but the runaround door and another pipe :lol: I'm not good at keeping costs down :lol:

Back