• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Meal worms

sazzy

Warren Veteran
The birds love meal worms but they manage to get them on the floor i sweep up and that mr and mrs robin don't eat but sometimes the bunnies eat some when there let out they all scavenge around the bird table what is it about them they seem to like so much anyone would think i starved them but they get alot more than the bunnies on here and there all brilliant hay eaters

lol they nice and crunchy and taste of bran!
at least meal worms are fed a vegetarian diet of bran so fairly clean food as insects go. not as bad as maggots at any rate.

So they won't hurt them my bunnies have tummies of steel but them eating meal worms seems wrong

i wouldn't deliberatly feed them but I really don't think odd one that they manage to find would do any harm. I'm sure they eat worse things when our backs are turned lol

My lot eat anything and everything they can get there mouths round honestly you would think they were starved

yuck :mrgreen: Sebastian eats spiders and he's fine so I don't think it'd do any harm if they accidentally got hold of some but I wouldn't feed them on purpose

The black birds and wood pigeons throw them on the floor i sweep them all up but sometimes i miss some and also if the birds are eating and the bunnies are out i'm sure they threw some down to the bunnies :roll::lol:

Back