• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Olly is in the lounge :o)

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
I managed to get him to go in the carrier of his own accord, and took him downstairs quickly :D he was very very unsteady and nervous at first and I nearly took him back up, but he's been here half an hour now and is getting better :D he keeps going back to the carrier to make sure it's still there, but he's venturing further away from it each time he comes out :love: it will take his mind off being lonely if nothing else. I'll take him back to his room at bedtime, but at least he has our company for a few hours instead of just keep popping upstairs to see him. It's nice having him down here hopping about, it's a shame it's not really practical to have him live here permanently. I haven't taken any pics as I don't want to scare him with the flash.

Oh I've just logged on so I could say YAY!

Have you given him a few treats so he associates downstairs with something nice.

He will soon get used to it. He's bound to be a big nervous but I'm sure he will be having more fun with you than upstairs on his own. I wonder if you will be bringing two buns downstairs soon instead of leaving them upstairs!!:)

Olly is back in his room now as I am in bed, but I feel 100 times better than I did last night! Olly has cheered up loads!! He didn't explore very far, but he had his supper downstairs and then settled down on the rug :love: when I took him back upstairs and went outside to say goodnight to Daisy and Digby, my OH said he could hear Olly racing around upstairs - he hasn't done that for ages, bless him :love: I just feel so much happier that he's a bit happier :D

This is such good news. :D So pleased for Olly, and for you, that he has coped with a visit to the lounge and seems to be feeling the better for it. :love:

That is so lovely to hear and hopefully now he'll start to feel happier.. And you too, you both deserve to be a little happier xx

Thanks everyone :wave: Olly was still happy this morning, he came charging into our bedroom at one point, he's normally very tentative! He's such a brave boy :love:

Olly is back in his room now as I am in bed, but I feel 100 times better than I did last night! Olly has cheered up loads!! He didn't explore very far, but he had his supper downstairs and then settled down on the rug :love: when I took him back upstairs and went outside to say goodnight to Daisy and Digby, my OH said he could hear Olly racing around upstairs - he hasn't done that for ages, bless him :love: I just feel so much happier that he's a bit happier :D

Aww. So glad he is a bit happier. :wave:

Olly hopped straight into his carrier to come downstairs tonight :love: his confidence is growing rapidly and he explored most of the room this time :D in fact he made himself so at home in front of the fire that I couldn't get him to budge when it was bedtime! :lol: he had a nice warm botty and was very comfy indeed! I had to get OH to help me shepherd him back to his box :lol:

I love my little Olly Chops, he's doing really well bless him :love:

Back