• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

New bun is here!

Schtoffen

Mama Doe
Hello! I've had a day! We're back from the Isle of Wight in one piece, and newbun (probably to be called Bear) is lying down in the hall getting his barings. Been a few runny poos but he has had the most stressful day of his life so I'm not too worried! He seems a very sweet rabbit and he's gorgeous. At the moment the dividing bars are up between the bunny room (where Little is) and the hall where newbun is....

I have never seen anything as outraged as Little, she is completely livid there's another bun in the house. He's very interested in her and keeps hopping up to the bars to see her, he's given her a couple of warning nips as she's been going bat**** crazy trying to get at him.

Not very encouraging but I remind myself that Big did exactly the same to her when she first arrived.

She's currently on dirty protest, which is a bit annoying. I can see her glaring at newbun (who's quite chilled and laying down) surrounded by her own poos. A terrifying sight. :roll:

Once I charge my phone up I'll take some photos of him. They weren't joking when they said he had big feet...they're the biggest bunnyfeet I've ever seen!!!

yep, come on.. You posted at 8;42... I think half an hour is long enough for us to wait for pics...

I'll start the slow hand clap next......

fee x

That really isn't fair ...promising pictures and then not posting :evil: can't you tell we are all waiting (not very patiently) in suspense waiting to see his big bunny feet??

sings: 'Why are we waiting?? Oh, why are we waiting??!!' Accompanied by lots of booing and hissing....

come on ... There'll be a riot if you don't post pics.....

Hehehehe...

Here he is. This pic is my fav as you can see an apoplectic Little in the background

2013-04-21212925_zpsde473a48.jpg

2013-04-21213004_zps43440d85.jpg

2013-04-21212855_zps3ef95cd6.jpg

Ill have to work on getting ones of his feets! He's still very scared of me so not pushing it atm....he keeps nipping Little's ... I think he wants to be in charge :)

awwwww, he's a cutie........ he looks like my old Frankie..........:love:

Bless them both, I hope it works out well for you all..

fee xxxxx

by the way I can I,agile how big his feet are, Frankies were huge!!! Even the vet was surprised at how large they were.. Like furry hobbit feetsies......

:shock: I am absolutely wetting myself about introducing these too.... I have never ever seen Little so angry.

She might be stressed because she can see him but not reach him, she may behave very differently when they are actually being bonded and in direct contact with each other.

She might be stressed because she can see him but not reach him, she may behave very differently when they are actually being bonded and in direct contact with each other.

I really hope you're right. Interestingly he's very calmly given her warning nips through the bars when she goes mental at him, so he's not a pushover.

I'm not sure how best to do this...he's very nervous still so I don't want to stress him more but I also don't want to wait too long as I don't want him to think where he is now is 'his' territory either.

I think I'll try introducing them in the outside hall this eve as it wont smell of either of them. And I'll be wearing gardening gloves. Then I'll start room switching. Poor Little, she's sooo angry. :(

Best of luck with the introductions. He looks quite a character. Sounds like you have two interesting rabbits there :wave:

Personally I've always found its the quiet laid back buns that turn into demons at bonding and surprise you lol. Good luck with the bonding.

I've chickened out of introducing them tonight.... he's still so nervous :( I've just done a room swap instead. Little's outraged but newbun is enjoying the buns room very much! :)

Back