• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runaround picture request

UsagiYojimbo

Alpha Buck
I'd love to see photos of peoples runaround set ups or adapted runaround set ups www.runaround.co.uk

:wave:

They are expensive (£315 minimum runaround "package")

I have a 6foot by 4 foot fold away wooden run, but its too small, so currently they have supervised garden time.

They are house rabbits.

Leo doesn't go outside as he is ill at the moment, but Jemima does.

As much as I love my rabbits I couldn't afford one of their packages in addition to the other setup costs, so I have just used a connection kit to connect hutch to run on both my setups. It isn't half as impressive as a full runaround set up but the buns love it ! Both of my setups are identical.
af49c6313b0bf596fc85ae92e2dab9ff_zpsacbbb808.jpg

I just wish that pipe were big enough for a frenchie!!!! Then it would be simpler and more affordable.

I would have to go for the high tunnels and den pipes instead which are a lot more expensive :?

Here's my adapted Runaround:

We bought the tubes and connectors from Runaround (they're fantastic and I wouldn't trust a cheaper alternative to be predator-proof), but built the runs ourselves using galvanised mesh panels from Wickes, attached together using J-clips. They're basically rectangular boxes, with the base buried under a layer of soil or turf. It worked out cheaper and it also meant we could customise them to be the exact size and shape we wanted.

You can buy good value rolls of galvanised mesh from Hills of Devon (that's what we used for our chicken run), but of course the advantage of panels is that they're pre-cut, which makes things much easier.

Here's my adapted Runaround:

We bought the tubes and connectors from Runaround (they're fantastic and I wouldn't trust a cheaper alternative to be predator-proof), but built the runs ourselves using galvanised mesh panels from Wickes, attached together using J-clips. They're basically rectangular boxes, with the base buried under a layer of soil or turf. It worked out cheaper and it also meant we could customise them to be the exact size and shape we wanted.

You can buy good value rolls of galvanised mesh from Hills of Devon (that's what we used for our chicken run), but of course the advantage of panels is that they're pre-cut, which makes things much easier.

looks good! Wait.... is that a tunnel going into the house!? cool!

As much as I love my rabbits I couldn't afford one of their packages in addition to the other setup costs, so I have just used a connection kit to connect hutch to run on both my setups. It isn't half as impressive as a full runaround set up but the buns love it ! Both of my setups are identical.
af49c6313b0bf596fc85ae92e2dab9ff_zpsacbbb808.jpg

Looks good! Do they have 24/7 access or is there some kind of door at one end?

Originally Posted by Zoobec
Looks good! Do they have 24/7 access or is there some kind of door at one end?
There's a door at the hutch end, I just went for a pipe clamp at the run end. They will have 24/7 access once I can work out a way of making a mesh skirt to stop any predators digging in.although the run is pretty heavy and pegged down really well.
I don't want to mesh the whole bottom of the run because I move it onto fresh grass every couple of days. Unless the buns start digging that is , then there might have to be a rethink!

Back