• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling very pleased with myself

UsagiYojimbo

Alpha Buck
Managed to give Leo his penicillin (depicillin or similar name can't remember) injection just now with no trouble whatsoever.

Big improvement since last week when I first tried, it transpired that the needle was blocked! I jabbed him about 10 times trying to inject, and the second needle I did it wrong and hit a vein as there was blood.:shock:

The vet shaved a patch on his scruff so I can actually see what I am doing and it is 100 times easier now I can see!

NO BLOOD!!!!

Yay.

Now he just needs to get better :(

I've got to do Cheeky's today :shock: Friday I made a mess of it so yesterday got the vet to do it. I'm sat here now trying to gee myself up to do it :)

thanks guys! :D

bunslave you can do it! I had the misfortune of doing it wrong the first time and having a clogged needle the second time. I'd still find it difficult had the vet not shaved a patch for me to see.

I put the needle in, leave it a few seconds to check for no blood, then inject the liquid. That way I know its going in the right place :oops:

Makes me feel sick and dizzy doing it though

Back